1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Evidence Provided Report: 76561198049204404 - ([DOTA2] Dota2 Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by ExiOrca, Oct 11, 2014.

1. ExiOrca

ExiOrca New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42713723
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [DOTA2] Dota2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198049204404

Victim profile: 76561198045693174

What happened? Description:
    This guy is a friend of my dota playing friend that met me through a game that we happened to be both in. He was interested in my items but he didn't want to go first. I was hesitated trade it with him but after many attempts of bugging me about it, it somehow changes my mind. In any case, in order to show me that his authencity, he sent me $0.01 through paypal. I checked and it worked. So I proceed to sent him the item and then he unfriended me and put his profile in private.​

Provide Evidence:
    The full chatlog of the conversation. The proof that the trade did occur. And the screenshot of the scammer profile.​

Attached Files:

2. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    I need a picture of your all activity screen from Paypal for the past month. I need to see the url bar at the top of the picture.
  3. ExiOrca

ExiOrca New User

Steam:
    Here's a picture of his dota2lounge where he's trying to sell the items.

Attached Files:

4. ExiOrca

ExiOrca New User

Steam:
    Does this suffice?

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2015
  5. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    Thank you.
    Ready for review.
  6. the_geiko!!

the_geiko!! New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:44469338
    Hello good day.
    I am just coming home from work to see my account banned.
    first of all I did not scam anyone and secondly, any person can change their name to mines and he can submit my steam I.D and steamrep as theirs.
    Thirdly i do not own a paypal acount so how can i send him $0.01 cents.
  7. the_geiko!!

the_geiko!! New User

Steam:
    Hello good day.
    I am just coming home from work to see my account banned.
    first of all I did not scam anyone and secondly, any person can change their name to mines and he can submit my steam I.D and steamrep as theirs.
    Thirdly i do not own a paypal acount so how can i send him $0.01 cents.
  8. the_geiko!!

the_geiko!! New User

Steam:
    I am also looking at the pics and the trade was ready at 6:55 and completed in trade history at 6:56 , but we spoke untill 6:58 ? Then it says Geks! is now offline at 6:58. 2mins after trade.
  9. ExiOrca

ExiOrca New User

Steam:
    Geks, while you're here, do you mind taking a screenshot of your inventory on October 11,2014 ?
  10. Big

Big New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:43365347
    I have more incrimination evidence.
    Screenshots 1-3: he tries to sell the (stolen?) stuff to me. Even though I have ExiOrca in my friendslist... When I act like I trust him he wants to buystuff worth >2000$ from me. He doesnt even check the (high) prices I give him and sends me to his "rep" on his steam profile...
    Screenshot 4: I ask him to show me his trade history and he, at first, leaves out the passage where he got the items from Exiorca.
    Screenshot 5: his trade history, showing he got them from Exiorca.
    Screenshot 6: after I let down my disguise, he unfriended me.

Attached Files:

11. the_geiko!!

the_geiko!! New User

Steam:
    Good day everyone!
    this is the first time I've logged on dota in about 2 months time and i am seeing my lounge banned, and well this report.
    A lot of my items ah missing especially the expensive one's such as dragon claw hooks,drodo the druffin, trail of burning doom red cluckles, lots of arcanas and keys ( around 50) that I usually use for betting purposes.
    I am very sorry to hear you have been scammed by this person who hi-jacked my account. I just changed all my info a few days ago. Can anyone assist me in what to do next?
    I am online for the next few hours trying to sort this out.
    Thank you!
  12. the_geiko!!

the_geiko!! New User

Steam:
    Good day everyone!
    this is the first time I've logged on dota in about 2 months time and i am seeing my lounge banned, and well this report.
    A lot of my items ah missing especially the expensive one's such as dragon claw hooks,drodo the druffin, trail of burning doom red cluckles, lots of arcanas and keys ( around 50) that I usually use for betting purposes.
    I am very sorry to hear you have been scammed by this person who hi-jacked my account. I just changed all my info a few days ago. Can anyone assist me in what to do next?
    I am online for the next few hours trying to sort this out.
    Thank you!
  13. MovingTargetTez

MovingTargetTez New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:26345660
    This guy also tried to scam me.
    He is currently using a different account on Dota2Lounge "http://dota2lounge.com/profile?id=76561198078774069" he then adds people with this Geks! account and says he is trading on his friends behalf. He then tries to get people to send first because he has higher steamrep, which is clearly not legit.
    After I called him out he then removed me. I do not have a screenshot of the messages, I have included a screenshot of him adding me to try this scam though.
    So just to make things clear, Geks! is using an alt account to scam people http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198078774069/ and he has even left +rep for the account to try and fool people.

Attached Files: