1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561198050785450 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Détective Noir [Tera-G], Feb 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Détective Noir [Tera-G]

Détective Noir [Tera-G] New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:28957668
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Misrepresenting virtual items
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198050785450

Victim profile: 76561198069039005

What happened? Description:
    I'm writing the report for someone by the name of Uncle Touchy who got scammed for a Bonzo The All-Gnawing Brainiac Hairpiece. The person that added him to make the trade was Vinton. From both the conversations I had with both the victim and the scammer, I concluded that the scammer was alert that the offer was a complete lowball and that he flipped the entire deal for around 12 buds profit.

Vinton traded for the said item with a roboactive professor's peculiarity which he claims he "values higher than first gen effects."

The proof of all this is below. He essentially lied to Uncle Touchy about the value of his item in order to make profit. He bought the peculiarity for around 3.3 buds while the seller had a b/o of 5. He told me he valued it at 10 buds while Touchy explained that appearently he told him another story at the time of the trade. This was an overall unfair deal and Touchy was unaware of this ruse as "he did not know how to use bp.tf very well" at the time.

TF2 OP Proof:

Peculiarity sale: http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/24586389

More unedited proof from chat logs below. Uncle Touchy will be adding any further proof he may have.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. [SKVR] Uncle Touchy

[SKVR] Uncle Touchy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:54386638
    I am just replying to this thread to upload some of the evidence I have. Currently I only have a picture if what was traded, but if Steam Support gives me the chat logs (ticket is still unopened) then I will upload those as well.[​IMG]
  3. börk börk

börk börk New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:100537494
    GL with the report, hopefully he gets banned.
  4. -hg- COBALT

-hg- COBALT New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42037753
    This is more of a sharking report, you should submit it to one of SteamRep's partner communities as the staff here usually don't handle these anymore due to a change in their policy. I would reccomend submitting to Fortress of Gamers, they process fairly quickly.
  5. Détective Noir [Tera-G]

Détective Noir [Tera-G] New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:28957668
    I understand. The thing is, he scammed through misrepresenting item values. I think it's still valid. If mods reply any time soon with the same advice, I shall do so.
  6. -hg- COBALT

-hg- COBALT New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42037753
    I realize what he did, I just think it falls under the category of sharking. Up to the staff to decide on review.
  7. [SKVR] Uncle Touchy

Steam:
    I take it this is never going to be resolved. Awesome job, SteamRep.
  8. [SKVR] Uncle Touchy

Steam:
    10 months later and still pending. Glad to know we take sharks and scammers seriously.
  9. {BBG} Big Bang Theory

{BBG} Big Bang Theory Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:19517283
    @[SKVR] Uncle Touchy, as Cobalt said up thread, this does not really fall into scamming. I do not believe there is anything SR can do about this. You can form whatever opinions you choose to regarding who got the better deal, but at the end of the day, this was a voluntary trade. It is the duty of both parties to understand the trade from both sides. You cant just make a bad trade and then come here and cry scammer because you later have buyer's or seller's remorse.
  10. [SKVR] Uncle Touchy

Steam:
    He was taking advantage of someone who did not know much about trading to get a decent amount of profit by lying about the value of an item. That to me seems like a scam. At least close the report so there is some kind of closure in the matter.
  11. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Invalid report - we do not deal with sharking reports or get involved with trades that may look that way. We don't police values/prices for any item.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.