1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198063086293 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by RetroAsian, Nov 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RetroAsian

RetroAsian New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46773130
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulant behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198063086293

Victim profile: 76561198053811988

What happened? Description:
    I have already put up a negative rating with enough proof on his profile on backpack.tf.

He has deceived me from giving my unusual away to him because of an agreement we have made. He has added me and talked to convince me on how he was supposed to win a "bet" from his "friend" to go to a concert without paying the ticket. So if he got an unusual before November 25th, he would not pay the tickets for the concert. So for about 1/4 of the price(since he said that he was not able to get money), I traded his unusual to him. But after a few days after the trade, he complains how the unusual got deleted from his inventory. I tried checking the history but it did not show and I also checked the steam community market just to be sure, but it did not show so somehow I believed him. I wondered if I could help him so I gave him the link to create a support ticket. Now a few days later, he would block me and unfriend me, without saying anything. Now when I checked the history of the unusual, it showed that the unusual went to another user named "I ate a robin": https://backpack.tf/item/2858746795. I checked the last seen for "I ate a robin", and I saw that he sold the unusual via the steam community market(here it shows "Tradeable after #/#/#"): Proof down below at evidence.

Evidence below shows the chat of the trading and agreement on giving the keys after he gets the money. There is also him saying that if he ever unfriends me and/or blocks me, he will be considered as a scammer.

Yes, I know I was stupid enough to believe him and think that he was trustworthy. But I won't whine about how I lost my unusual and such. I have learned from my mistakes and I just wanted to make a warning to all traders that meet this person. Do not trade with him.​

Provide Evidence:
    https://backpack.tf/item/2858746795 The history of the item (Orbiting Fire a Rather Festive Tree) For some reason the history does not show my name, so I have added a screenie showing that I traded that unusual to him.

https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198281667503?time=1480382024 Inventory history of "I ate a robin" shows the unusual not being tradeable for 1 week, which shows that Talking has sold it on the market without any notice.

The screenshots of the chat shows that he has agreed to accept the consequences of letting the deal go. I had to let him say the sentence(of the agreement) to show his trust to me(which he destroyed).

2nd last picture shows he has blocked and unfriended me.
    Last picture shows items at about 1/4 value of the unusual being traded to me, and the items going to me.

If there is anything that needs to be clarified/shown, I will gladly try my best to do so.

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Ok short and sweet - why did you trade the item to this user again?
  3. RetroAsian

RetroAsian New User

Steam:
    Ok, this was a risky deal I wanted to take. He apparently had a "bet" to win(Get an unusual before November 25th), and he seemed pretty desperate. Which was dumb of me for me to trust him on that. At least I was able to make an agreement on the deal to make sure he/she gets the consequences for breaking the deal.
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Not exactly what I asked but ok - now explain the deal in detail
  5. RetroAsian

RetroAsian New User

Steam:
    The deal was to first: Pay the unusual with his backpack(which was about 1/4 of my unusual) on November 25th, second: wait until December 1st for him to get his money and pay the rest in pure.
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Ok and is it December 1st yet?
  7. RetroAsian

RetroAsian New User

Steam:
    Which is all now obsolete as he blocked and unfriended me, he broke the agreement.
  8. RetroAsian

RetroAsian New User

Steam:
    I can't even communicate with him anymore.
  9. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Show me that your blocked again - this time FULL screenshot of that, I even want to see the windows start bar.
  10. RetroAsian

RetroAsian New User

Steam:
    Also, pretty sure that the date he agreed to pay wasn't even true, to begin with.
  11. RetroAsian

RetroAsian New User

Steam:
    Alright.
  12. RetroAsian

RetroAsian New User

Steam:
    Here you go.

Attached Files:

13. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Try again - don't edit it, we don't accept edited screenshots for obvious reasons.
  14. RetroAsian

RetroAsian New User

Steam:
    Alright... I guess I won't edit it. Here you go (again)

Attached Files:

15. RetroAsian

RetroAsian New User

Steam:
    Well, what happened?
  16. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Nothing yet - get to it when I get to it
  17. RetroAsian

RetroAsian New User

Steam:
    Get to what?
  18. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    I've not gotten back to this report in the way I need to - be patient. Get to IT (the report) when I get back around to it.
  19. RetroAsian

RetroAsian New User

Steam:
    Ah I see. Thank you for the clarification.
  20. RetroAsian

RetroAsian New User

Steam:
    Have you gotten back to the report yet?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.