1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Evidence Provided Report: 76561198072673338 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by Spy sappin' mah bacon, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Spy sappin' mah bacon

Spy sappin' mah bacon New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:68359780
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] Steam Wallet fraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198072673338 ()

Victim profile: 76561198096985288

What happened? Description:
    I was on a trade server, trading. I bought the schadenfreude taunt and then saw that the scammer was buying taunts. i traded them and asked how much they would pay for that taunt. They asked if i accepted money. i said yes, then they said that they would pay the minimum amount aka 5€ after i traded them. they told me to add them, i did. then they sent a trade offer of my items and nothing on their side with a fake text of the "steam administrator" telling me they want to pay me 5€ for my items. i actually clicked accept trade (what an idiot i was) but luckily, i couldnt do it because of an error that i cant trade them. they sent it again, didnt work. so they sent a normal trade request. i put my items in and then another fake message popped up. this is where i googled how to trade funds and found it is impossible (at 2013..). before at the trade offer i saw they had a steam gift but nothing showed up. i asked them about it and they said its a cs source guest pass and gave it to me (guess they were trying to make me trust them) i still was quite suspicious and took a few pictures of the profile and trade chat. i asked about how they transfer the money, they said they would send me a steam wallet code. seems legit. and i ready upped, knowing that they would ready and try to make trade, but they didnt know i also had to click make trade. ;) and then she sent the code as she was trying to make trade. i didnt click make trade and tried to use the code, if it worked, fair enough they're legit, if not, scammer -.- and what a great time to send another fake message from the "admin of steam" and a code! i checked it: INVALID CODE! and i told them that, was trying to type "if you are a scammer, nice try, if not, make sure you didnt make a typo, but before i could write it, they canceled the trade, unfriended and went offline (blocked?) this is definitely a scam attempt, however i did get a free counter strike source gift which i can sell ;) i didnt get too many pictures but what i said should cover what i couldnt take a picture of.​

Provide Evidence:
    Pictures and text​

Attached Files:

2. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    I need that picture of the Steam offer.
  3. Spy sappin' mah bacon

Spy sappin' mah bacon New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:68359780

Attached Files:

4. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    Ready for review.
    Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accused's profile
    2. Click "More" drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose "Report Violation"
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click "Submit Report"

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for reporting this user.