1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198076883140 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Soldier007, Dec 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soldier007

Soldier007 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:87500438
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198076883140

Victim profile: 76561198135266604

What happened? Description:
    I was buying his Disco Beat Down buckaroos hat for engie. He told me that he had to make sure if my keys were bugged or not. So he brought in a steamrep middle man. I had no idea it was an impersonator so I just went ahead and traded him those keys. I asked for the unusual but he said he just scammed me, litterly out loud in chat. So here I am, reporting on him. I am not that much of an experienced player, the account was owned by my brother, who quit, i just have this account. I know him through irl. He said he got hijacked... and then scammed me. It doesn't sound like it at all, his body language, and how he talks stay the same. I am 95% sure that he's just lying to steal my keys.​

Provide Evidence:
    I got the unusual through steam market. My friend FireBird made a deal with me irl, so I gave him the unusual. I really liked the unusual so I tried to buy it from him paying with items and pure. 30 keys was the initial trade agreement. It was negotiated down to rougly 25 keys pure and items. He told me to give the items to a steamrep admin, so I trusted him since he was a friend afterall. Little did I know that admin was an impersonator and I lost basically my entire backpack. He just scammed my entire backpack, plz ban :(

Attached Files:

2. Katpolice

Katpolice New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:92954363
    Hello, can you provide a uncropped screenshot of your inventory history and uncropped screenshots of the chat between you and the accused? Thanks!
  3. FireBird

FireBird New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:58308706
    I did not write this message, you know why? because my name on the second picture of the chat is grayed? This means that he took the screenshot from (fake) FireBird's point of view. How is this possible? clearly he is trying to get me banned for something i did not do by impersonating me. He likely logged into his alternate account, changed his name to "FireBird" and started a fake trade with his main account.

Picture of the chat i mentioned is below, no crops.

Attached Files:

4. Fourze Cosmic States

Fourze Cosmic States New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:57587946
    yeah i dont know about this but the invertory history will help alot
  5. Soldier007

Soldier007 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:87500438
    WHAT, i did not log onto an alternate account. He's just saying this cuz he doesn't want to get banned! I can't get the inventory history, I traded to him on my alt account. I don't have access to my alt account anymore so I can't show the inventory history! I swear, he cant just suddenly get 30 keys into his backpack.
  6. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @Soldier007 Ok so lets start over here, I need you to provide me with your inventory trade history from the day of the event till present. You need to open this up with a web browser so you can show the URL at the top of the screen and move your mouse pointer right over the users name to show the hypertext prompt. Do not edit this screen shot in anyway. I'd much rather have full screens of the chat regardless of what is in it too but right now I'll settle for the trade history.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    @Soldier007 Please follow up with what I requested.
  8. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    @Soldier007 Please follow up - you have 48hours to do so.
  9. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Archiving due to lack of followup/evidence.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.