1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198079424897 - ([None] No items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by P4paGr3los, Nov 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. P4paGr3los

P4paGr3los New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:30413037
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] Other cash fraud (webmoney, bitcoin, etc)
    Virtual item type involved: [None] No items

Accused profile: 76561198079424897

Victim profile: 76561198021091803

What happened? Description:
    To my surprise I got added by a random user who said he was interested in buying my csgo items for any sorts of currency be it bitcoin paypal paysafe cards. I obviously thought it was a scam but then he pointed out he was going first which is rather strange to say the least. After some time talking I had to leave the computer and only restarted negotiating today, afterawhile I realized THIS WAS A NEW WAY OF SCAMMING WHICH PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW ABOUT!​

Provide Evidence:
    Unfortunatly I couldn't screenshot the older messages but it was around the same lines although he explained better the so called "guide" that he used to stay safe doing this transactions.

The evidence is the following:
    Firstly everyone knows that steam does not support or take responsability for any attempts to sell steam items for other currencies outside their own system.
    The "guide" goes against the policies and it grants no safety as the user can simply decline through the email and Valve can't be "the safety net" the user was saying.
    Then I noticed the guide also mentioned something about copying the link adress to the decline button which I am pretty sure holds some sort of code to make him able to force accept.
    Later on he removed the "guide" from imgur.
    Here is the link to the guide he sent me: "Daniel507: http://imgur.com/a/mnQif"

Here are the full screenshots of the event as steamrep only allows 15 so part of the chat is missing
    https://imgur.com/a/55sqX

Attached Files:

2. P4paGr3los

P4paGr3los New User

Steam:
    Take a close look at step 4 that's where the scam probably happens. The page got taken down but you can see in the chat it was the same url he sent me so it was him that made it. He removed the page as soon as I was into the scam and he also removed me from his friendlist and blocked me.
  3. P4paGr3los

P4paGr3los New User

Steam:
    Full chat (todays)
    Yesterday is missing

Attached Files:

4. P4paGr3los

P4paGr3los New User

Steam:
    Sorry for triple posting but there is no edit option I just thought I would give some extra info on this.
    I know the user is from the UK and it's wierd that one of the people who commented on his profile saying he sold him a knife for money is also from the UK an still on his friendslist.
  5. TFD_Industries™

TFD_Industries™ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:23416765
    The two links of the accept and decline button are almost identical with the exception of "cancel=1" being in the decline link. This indicates that the user is able to manipulate the link easily to accept the trade offer.
    Good job for not falling for this scam attempt.
    Since this is a new method of scamming, I'm unsure how the admins will handle this report.
    However, I believe the evidence here is sufficient for your report to be prioritized for further investigation.
    We appreciate your effort in filing this report, and please do so again if you encounter any scam attempts. Thank you.
  6. P4paGr3los

P4paGr3los New User

Steam:
    The comment was removed and the other ones that are still there are from private profiles. I would also appreciate if somoene could help me form a proper steam report.
  7. I was scamed by him he had/haves my knife a butterfly stattrack bluesteel feild tested supper pissed
  8. P4paGr3los

P4paGr3los New User

Steam:
    Take screenshots of the trade history and of the chat if you can. Its basically more evidence on top.
  9. Mollie.

Mollie. New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:79320508
    hELLO , 7 pm today i was scammed, or my account was compromised, i was sent a trade offer for all my items for dota 2, but i though it was a simple offer because normally vavle sends a confirmation email about a trade and i decide to accept or not, i believe it was from valve so i choose decline, unknowing as soon as i did that all my items were gone.
    A picture of the result from declining, but i got an error from steam.

PLease help me.

Caergpture.PNG Captsrgure.PNG Capture.PNG ddht.PNG
  10. Mollie.

Mollie. New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:79320508

this is the user profile.

Attached Files:

11. TFD_Industries™

Steam:
    Please create a separate report using our form here.
  12. P4paGr3los

P4paGr3los New User

Steam:
    The user I am reporting just scammed a karambit please do something people are fallimg for it.
  13. TFD_Industries™

Steam:
    Once a report is filed, unconfirmed or not, the pending reports will show up on the accused SteamRep profile.
    When there are pending reports, users can see the details of such report(s) and determine whether he is guilty or not.
    When a report is confirmed and the accused is marked, it would be easier for the users to make the appropriate decision.
    The primary problem is people aren't aware or simply do not check their partner's SteamRep status before doing suspicious trades.
  14. P4paGr3los

P4paGr3los New User

Steam:
    I understand there are alot of reports to be looked by admins but I think this is taking way too long....
  15. McMuffinDK

McMuffinDK New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:77468898
    The scammer did contact me on csgolounge and sayd that he would like to buy my knife for real money in any way i would like it. sadly i can't upload any evidence when he wanted to talk over skype. He then sayd that bcause i had a lower rep than him i should go first. Stupidly i did that and then my hole internet connection broke down and when i went back online he had bloked me on steam and skype.
  16. P4paGr3los

P4paGr3los New User

Steam:
    Steam rep is dead. They take too much time to solve stuff
  17. TFD_Industries™

Steam:
    Hello @P4paGr3los
    Once a report is filed, unconfirmed or not, the pending reports will show up on the accused SteamRep profile.
    When there are pending reports, users can see the details of such report(s) and determine whether he is guilty or not.
    When a report is confirmed and the accused is marked, it would be easier for the users to make the appropriate decision.
    I understand your frustration, and appreciate your patience. Administrators have a lot more tasks than handling scam reports.
    I will now assign this to an administrator to speed up the process, thank you again for your patience.
  18. P4paGr3los

P4paGr3los New User

Steam:
    Sorry for that outburst, but when I used to play tf2 a couple years ago I remember issues like this being dealt with quite quicly, once again you were always very informative and I appreciate the reply, but I still believe that there should be a way for this problems to be solved faster either by having more staff members or moderators being able to flag a guy/ ban him.
  19. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Hello @P4paGr3los,

Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for reporting this user.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.