1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198084207999 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Pendji, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Pendji

Pendji New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:14201291
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198084207999

Victim profile: 76561197988668310

What happened? Description:
    Person added me to talk about my circling heart Batter's Helmet. Supplied link to a forum of kinds (obviously easy to fake, but didn't put much thought into it).

Claimed to have rep across several sites and /r/tf2trade, which was the case with a guy in encountered earlier, so again, didn't pay much mind. He wanted the hat first which I spent a few hours trying to avoid, but eventually just agreed to. He claimed to having sent the money but nothing came through, to which I sent back a fund request, again (what I consider) ignored.

Few days later I wake up and got added by one of his friends (http://steamcommunity.com/id/ACoolURL/) who're apparently not too happy about him running around scamming people, considering he's meant to be a person of somewhat respectable posture, playing TF2 competitively etc. The guy tells me he's trying to make the scammer in question pay back people to at least some degree, which appears in the attached evidence. I accepted the ~30 keys he said he could come up with after being confronted by his friend, despite the hat being worth ~47.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      370 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      52.7 KB
      Views:
    • 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      63.5 KB
      Views:
    • 4.png
      4.png
      File size:
      70.2 KB
      Views:
    • 5.png
      5.png
      File size:
      215.7 KB
      Views:
    • 6.PNG
      6.PNG
      File size:
      547.8 KB
      Views:
  2. TFD_Industries™

TFD_Industries™ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:23416765
    Hello @Pendji
    The evidence is sufficient for your report to be prioritized for further investigation.
    We appreciate your effort in filing this report, and please do so again if you encounter any scam attempts. Thank you.

Full screenshots of trade and paypal history.
    View attachment 358066
    View attachment 358067

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  3. TFD_Industries™

TFD_Industries™ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:23416765
    Notes:
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  4. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    @Pendji Your report was accepted and the accused was banned.

@CyKo | LFT If you feel this report is in error or unjust, please file an appeal. Be advised that all victims must be repaid for your appeal to be considered.