1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Evidence Provided Report: 76561198094366866 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by General Zod 2, Oct 29, 2014.

1. General Zod 2

General Zod 2 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:86966442
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198094366866

Victim profile: 76561198134198613

What happened? Description:
    Well i added this player because i wanted a lugenmorph and ironcurtain he was selling them the player asked me for 2 ref for each item and 2 gift wrap which each was worth 9.66 refined i gave him all the materials and he blocked me and did not give me my items so i got scammed pretty bad i waisted the last of my money on those keys hopefully i can get some help​

Provide Evidence:
    View attachment 161608
    the first screenshot is our conversation of the agreement then he blocked me and did not give his part and the second screenshot is the trade he did not complete his part of the trade to give me the lugenmorph and iron curtain and here is a picture of his inventory he does have the items he has promised me but has not giving me he was supposed to use gift wrap to give to me the weapons but he went offline and blocked me and did not complete his side of the deal i got scammed! i got proof he blocked me View attachment 161607 View attachment 161612 and stole my 2 gift wrap and 2 ref so he scammed me!​

Attached Files:

2. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    Hello @General Zod 2, Evidence reviewed and ready for admin to process.
  3. General Zod 2

General Zod 2 New User

Steam:
    thank you
    is this enough evidence
  4. General Zod 2

General Zod 2 New User

Steam:
    @SIVARTZ when does a admin usually review this
  5. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    Hello @General Zod 2,

It's important that everyone understand that SteamRep is a small volunteer organization helping a 75-million member community. Not every report will receive a response (and definitely not always right away). Not even Valve can handle all of the community's reports and they have incredible income. We're definitely not going to be able to do the same level of investigation on every individual report and you shouldn't expect that. Even if we tripled our staff, there's simply no volunteer group that can handle such volume and the growth in this scene. (Gone are the days of a mere dozen trade servers to monitor and an in-game TF2 trade window.)

We prioritize reports for investigation based on a number of factors-- we will publish those after our staff finishes rounding out some of the priorities and we run them by our partner admins. We'll also be updating the scam report form to set expectations accordingly for new submitters.

One key thing we prioritize for investigation, though, is the quantity of scam reports submitted against an account. By submitting a report against a repeat offender, you help ensure they do get banned as quickly as possible through the community and provide guidance to other traders on your experience with them. SteamRep provides a public capture of these reports so traders can educate themselves and do better research even if each report can't be analyzed right away. We feel it's better to have these situations logged rather than lost entirely (e.g. if you report a violation on Steam, it helps Valve know quantities, but may not help traders understand what actually happened so they can make their own decisions to protect themselves).
  6. General Zod 2

General Zod 2 New User

Steam:
    @SIVARTZ
    thank you sir i understand you guys must be very busy and i hope u ban these scum who call themselfs traders
  7. Nicely Hated

Nicely Hated New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:95562888
    Hi guys, I have 2 things.
    @SIVARTZ same type of thing happened to me, i made a report also. This guy, Illuminati who scammed both of us has at least 4 associated alt accounts, and that's from what I saw. On my post, I put a picture of one of them, the one that made the post that I saw on backpack.tf.
    The second thing is, I'd also like to thank you guys, because it is a great community site, and hopefully it keeps helping people avoid the scum like Illuminati.
    (Note i put the picture of the backpack.tf link that has the alt account name, and how it says to go to Illuminati, and i linked the pic of the alt account profile)

Attached Files:

8. General Zod 2

General Zod 2 New User

Steam:
  9. Nicely Hated

Nicely Hated New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:95562888
    Unfortunately yes:( . I was going for the Lugermorph.
  10. General Zod 2

General Zod 2 New User

Steam:
    i was going for two items did u provide giftwrap i provided two dammit