1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Need More Info Report: 76561198096226046 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Previously Banned Reports' started by Cross 2, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Cross 2

Cross 2 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:45604340
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulant behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198096226046 ()

Victim profile: 76561198051474409

What happened? Description:
    This was not your convetional type of trade, but I'll be as specific as words possibly allow it. This person "WhenTheLoveIsGone" came at me asking for the 3 unusuals I have, while in fact I have a trade in outpost where I'm selling this unusual in particular right here: http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/21187323

He adds me, and asks to sell my 3 unusuals for good pay, but I tell him I'm only selling THAT one in particular. Ok, so he tells me to trade the unusual I have to a friend I trust so he can "check if it's duped" and then to trade it back to me so I can have it. Okay, good, so I trade my girlfriend, give her the unusual and this is where it gets weird. Once he said "okay, it's good", this impersonator came WITH MY ACCOUNT NAME, WITH MY PROFILE PICTURE and traded the Aviator Assassin back to this impersonator account. She tells me "Has the trade gone through?" and I answered "What trade?" and then she tracks the account used to take the items from me. Details will be posted below.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Cross 2

Cross 2 New User

Steam:
    One person on my list contacted me shortly after the scam happened:
    http://puu.sh/avNjj/fefec5e25b.png

In case you're wondering, yes. I was pretending to be stoic in the case it happened to be him the person that scammed me, but to no avail.
  3. Miss Ko

Miss Ko New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:26177552
    The third-party/middleman/girlfriend here. I can verify everything that has happened here. I've provided him with screenshots of what happened on my end (he has included these in his initial report) and will answer any other questions if need be.

Please note the attempted scam of my Unusual Headwarmer in one of the screenshots, and the constant pestering to see if I were at the computer and the requests to cancel a trade. How could he have known a trade was still open if I were trading my boyfriend? That's when I realized something did not seem right, and had asked him/my actual boyfriend if the trade had gone through. This attempt for the headwarmer happened after everything was all said and done, and I did not trade him because we had caught on by this point.
  4. Miss Ko

Miss Ko New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:26177552
    For clarification sake, it was the scamming alternate "Cross" that was spamming me with trades and that was speaking in the group chats, save for the first one where my boyfriend agreed to send me the Aviator to hold. Thought I should note this, just in case it were not noticeable at first glance.
  5. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Hello, mind linking the impersonator?
  6. Cross 2

Cross 2 New User

Steam:
  7. Morbid

Morbid New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:43969436
    He just did this so both my friend, (×çGL×) Gentlemen here and myself, Morbid. His name was Gumiho Island and he did the same trick on us. He impersonated me and traded my friend and got both our unusuals, Orbiting Fire Desert Marauder and Tartan Tyroleon Terror-watt. If this report will go through, we will appreciate it.