1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Evidence Provided Report: 76561198097917718 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by BigBros, Oct 15, 2014.

1. BigBros

BigBros New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:51988643
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Accomplice] Alternate account of hijacker or scammer
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198097917718

Victim profile: 76561198064243014

What happened? Description:
    I put a trade up on outpost for 2 unusuals of mine, one of which I am brokering for a friend. They friended me and asked what unusuals I was selling, I repeated the unusuals, and then he asked for the prices. I repeated the prices and then he asked if he could group them together for a price over what they were worth, around 3.5 pure for 2 unusuals worth ~3, which sounded good to me. I checked his bp and found no TF2 items, so I asked how he would pay. He said he would get it off the market. He then started talking about a steam dupe glitch, and that he wanted to check if it was real. I then asked what glitch, which is when he said he wanted me to give the unusuals to a trusted friend, to check. I then looked at his steamrep, which had 3 pending alerts, all the same story as mine. When I asked him about this, he called me 'gay' and accused me of 'being smart'. He didn't unfriend me after this, but I heard no further reply.

I accuse him of trying to scam two unusuals, and planning to impersonate a middleman. Him calling me gay and be smart shows that his intent was to scam me, as he didnt continue with the trade, or further contact me. I have five images attached. Two of the steam chat, one of his inventory, confirming at the time he had no TF2 backpack, one of his steam rep, showing the 3 alerts, and one of the three individual alerts.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Hello, @BigBros.

Thank you for your report! It has been marked for review, and hopefully will result in bans against the accused/s
  3. Finnza

Finnza New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:59965022