1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198120856924 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Inconveniently Large Ego, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inconveniently Large Ego

Inconveniently Large Ego New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:18911257
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulant behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198120856924 ()

Victim profile: 76561197998088242

What happened? Description:
    I joined a nearly empty surf server, waiting for friends to join, and they were the only other person. We were playing around a bit in the map's jail and then they suddenly asked about my Bill's Hat, saying if I was selling it. They were offering a Professional Killstreak Strange Market Gardener that a friend had (and wasn't selling, I asked the friend) for the Bill's. I wasn't selling it, but I went along with it to see what they would attempt to get my hat.​

Provide Evidence:
    First, they didn't have any special reputation except for some +rep comments (Some could be fake. Many people have done events where a person with a certain +rep comment in the comment section would get a free item. And the skin for my steam window is terrible, I know.)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    When talking about trading, they continually asked about the hat, telling me to give it to them. I was thinking of ways for the friend to be a middleman if the friend was actually selling it, and finally settled on trading the friend for it instead.
    [​IMG]
    During the time that they were sending these, they also sent a trade offer. A rather ridiculous one if you ask me.
    [​IMG]
    Then they tried to scare me into trading the item, saying that they would hack into my account using a (most likely) non-existant hacking method called "Indoor Phishing" and get me permanately banned from steam.
    [​IMG]
    And then they said they were recording their attempt to scam me and they were going to put it on youtube, trying to mark me as the scammer (The explanation for so little items: it takes a LOT of metal to trade for the amount of Robot Parts and Killstreak Kits needed for a Pro. Killstreak). They also failed at blocking me, instead accidentally clicking "Invite to Game".
    [​IMG]
    They then started spamming the chat, and because some of the screencaps would just be them spamming, I cut a large portion out. I then sent a message if they were truly recording.
    [​IMG]
    At the very end of the spamming, they decided to throw insults at me, though it didn't prove effective at all, unless they were trying to make me laugh. They then proceeded to unfriend me a few minutes after getting the screencaps.
    [​IMG]
    Later, their friend (The one supposedly selling a Pro. Killstreak Strange Rocket Launcher) responded to my friend invite, and they actually proved to be a legitimate user despite their private profile, and also a nice person overall. I asked them about the Rocket Launcher that the scammer said they were going to give me, and they said they were never selling it in the first place. I showed them a good amount of the story of their friend attempting to scam me, of which all of it they said they weren't at all part of.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Long Story Short, they tried to scam me out of my Bill's Hat using an offer of an item their friend would never give them in the first place, then tried to scare me into giving them the hat. After they failed that, they decided to insult me before unfriending me. The friend they were talking about cleared up the part of the story they were included in afterwards, and explained that the group they owned had nothing to do with what the scammer was talking about. This is all the information I have available, and I hope it's enough to have the person marked as a scammer.
    (Since it won't allow me to post unless there's an attachment, I'll just add part of the chat that was them spamming constantly.)​

Attached Files:

2. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    We do not accept external links for proof. Upload all files via the Upload a File button at the bottom of the page.
  3. Inconveniently Large Ego

Inconveniently Large Ego New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:18911257
    Okay, I'll make sure to fix that. Thank you for notifying me.
  4. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
    This thread has been archived since the requested information was not provided. If you obtain the requested information, please create a new report.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.