1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198125493561 - (SetOnFire / [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by penumbra, May 27, 2014.

1. penumbra

penumbra New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:63473745
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Accomplice] Alternate account of hijacker or scammer
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198125493561 (SetOnFire)

Victim profile: 76561198043219046

What happened? Description:
    So, I had a buddy randomly message me asking if he I could do him a favor, turns out he wanted to me to be middle man between an unusual trade. But he felt the situation was shady considering the buyer's BP was empty and new.

So we checked his SteamRep and we noticed the amazing amount of new/unused accounts, some of which may be used for fencing items.

Continuing, he added me asked how I knew my friend (AFancyFrenchman) and removed me after a minute or two of chatting.

Turns out my buddy was talking to another person who had the same username and avatar as me. Asking him to hand over the items, noticing it wasn't me, he called him out, and was later removed and blocked. That same impersonation account was quickly renamed and picture changed along, but I luckly screencapped the profile before I did so. Especially since I never have a private profile and Im level 30.

He then removed and blocked both of us after we caught on.

And as a side note, there's am account added on the scammer's account http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198135329434/inventory/
    which is fairly new and has two high-tier unusuals, both of which were probably hijacked.​

Provide Evidence:
    AFancyFrenchman's chat with the scammer/impersonator
    View attachment 88146

My chat with the scammer/impersonator (sorry about the sidebar, didn't notice it at the time)
    View attachment 88148

The impersonation profile before and after (Notice the period after the heart)
    View attachment 88149
    View attachment 88150

The impersonator chatting with AFancyFrenchman asking for the unusuals (again the period after the heart, no recent chat log showing)
    View attachment 88151

Screenshot of the two unusuals. View attachment 88152

Attached Files:

2. EcoBro3

EcoBro3 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:52398070
    thanks dude. you really helped me. that guy added me, and did pretty much the same thing. but i had my brother as the middle man, so i found it out, as well as i searched up his steam name. thats alot man
  3. Shake .ssT

Shake .ssT New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:53365137
    he tried this with me aswell... i've just sent to him my alt account, he added me and tried to do the same thing. at the end he figured out that was me and my alt and told me that i would get reported lol
    anyways, please mark this guy asap.
  4. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Hello @penumbra,

Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accused's profile
    2. Click More drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose Report Violation
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click Submit Report
    Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for reporting this user.