1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198136066983 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by imbured, Jul 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imbured

imbured New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:65869219
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198136066983

Victim profile: 76561198092004166

What happened? Description:
    So I was looking to sell my knife on CS:GOLounge, when I got contacted by this very enthusiastic dude. I was at first interested in selling it to him, and ready to do the trade- I even tried contacting some of the official middlemen listed on steamrep. But then I took a step back to check who my buyer was, and if he could be trusted. Turns out, he was already banned once on SteamRep for accused identity theft and attempted trade scam. He originally tried to link me to this fake id:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/BigBangOfficialMiddleman

I realized that this dude was a fake and I decided to go on with the attempt on trade scam. I got my friend in on it, and we ended up trolling this guy for a good 30-45 minutes. I ended up recording video proof and uploading the whole conversation and me trolling the guy on youtube.

Basically, this guy was impersonating a guy with a really good CS:GO inventory, and then had his friend impersonate me and my friend and tried to take my knife, promising me a fake paypal payment of $153.60.​

Provide Evidence:

I decided to record the evidence as it was easier than taking multiple screenshots of him sending trades to me and my friend. Though, I do have screenshots of the guy trying to take my knife. NOTE: I do have the whole conversation from the very start in the video! Everything is provided, along with multiple attempts to impersonate my friend and me are shown in the video!

Trade History: http://i.imgur.com/R0eSCix.png
    My Inventory [And proof that this is me]: http://i.imgur.com/2u6rsSD.png

Attached Files:

2. imbured

imbured New User

Steam:
    Also, just wanted to say: Parts of the video I have blacked out the left and right sides because we were in a skype call and I tried to not show our IDs as much as possible. Small slip away at 1 point in the video still, but the black bars are there to prevent people from checking out skype conversation/contacts. Hope that's not that much of a problem. I have the whole video unedited too, and I can take specific screenshots if needed.
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @imbured We need screenshots of all the chat logs - not a video.
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
  5. imbured

imbured New User

Steam:
    Thought a video recording of him attempting a scam live, with all LIVE chat logs would be better.. Especially since I closed the chat log, along with the fact that he has blocked me now so I can't get them back.

Attached Files:

6. imbured

imbured New User

Steam:
    Don't know how to edit my previous post, here is a screenshot of the BigBang dude trying to impersonate my friend as well.

Attached Files:

7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    err... please don't crop the images
    If you take them from the video - full screen them pls
  8. imbured

imbured New User

Steam:
    What do you mean fullscreen them please? They're from the video, and I'm screenshotting everything apart from my overlay that I have enabled so people don't see my taskbar and my gmail on the top of my googlechrome. I can't take the overlay off, as I already have recorded the video and have no way of taking them off.. I showed proof that the convo is with me and my friend, and that the 4 people involved are me, friend (who is on skype call with me) and the 2 scammers.
  9. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Ok I'm going to accept them as is since I was able to verify users.... in the future please make sure you do FULL SCREENSHOTS for any evidence provided here. We just can't accept videos since they have bad habit of disappearing and that we just don't have time to sit thru them to take screenshots of our own to submit for evidence to the report. Videos are fine if you wanna throw them up WITH the screenshots but must have screenshots.
    Common thing you got going on there with those guys.
    Both users are already tagged/banned at this time - not much more we can do otherwise.
    Make sure you report them to Valve

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
  10. imbured

imbured New User

Steam:
    Alright, Thank You. Will make sure to take screenshots in the future.
  11. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Hello,

Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for reporting this user.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.