1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198140743555 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by >{GHS}< THD-Bob, Aug 8, 2014.

1. >{GHS}< THD-Bob

>{GHS}< THD-Bob New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:30284340
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198140743555

Victim profile: 76561198020834409

What happened? Description:
    He added me out of the Blue, said he wanted to buy my two unusuals I had up for trade and I said sure how much and he automatically offers 35 buds and says its fine so I knew something was up. After that he wanted me to have a "friend" middleman till he got the buds gave him my friend's name -=GHS[A]=- Turquoise Shine and he said okay then he proceeds to add him and then I trade them over to Turquoise Humoring him to see when he will mess up and incriminate himself so I can get him in his scam and have proof. After trading the unusuals to Turquoise he proceeds to add him on his main account after adding he then asks me if I traded them and I say yes. He then adds him on a alt that has my same name and profile picture here is the link to that account: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/...com/EyKm3I9,6HE2c4e,MyAfqRI,W5AB18m,Mfqy3sU#1

If you look down the Aliases you see my name he has since changed the picture but I have a screenshot of the account before the change to a different one now. After this ordeal we both took screenshots and such and he will be posting them in the post after mine I will upload my screenshots from my side.​

Provide Evidence:
    Here are the Screenshots on my end the first one shows him asking for my unusuals and his outrageous offers which themselves throw up red flags and the second one is me giving him my friend's name then telling me too wait and the third and final one is the fake me which was the alt that added Turquoise and asked for them back he will post his screenshots either on here or a separate post.​

Attached Files:

2. Turquoise Shine

Turquoise Shine New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:31877858
    This is true, I have some other screenshots of him chatting with me and his alt account trading with me.

Attached Files:

3. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    bob.png
    Good job guys, that is how you catch an impersonator.
    Ready for review.
  4. Turquoise Shine

Turquoise Shine New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:31877858
    We set this all up when Bob saw his SteamRep.
  5. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    Hello >{GHS}< THD-Bob

I have accepted your report. Thank you for reporting fraud to us.