1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198149288489 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Klawsome, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Klawsome

Klawsome New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42741382
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulant behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198149288489

Victim profile: 76561198045748492

What happened? Description:
    I was contacted by a guy named "Kise Ryouta" who offered to pay with paypal cash for my knife full price then proceeded to scam me with a fake middleman who impersonated a legitimate middleman named "☆Penguin The Fluffy". I then traded my Knife and gun skin to the fake middleman and both "Kise Ryouta" and the fake middleman removed me as their friends on Steam.​

Provide Evidence:
    The first and second screenshots titled "1.png" and "2.png" shows my conversation with the guy who started the whole scam and who invited me to a group chat with the fake middle man. I closed out of the group chat after I was scammed out of rage and frustration only to forget that that was part of my proof. I hope there is enough proof from what I was able to save though. The file titled "3.png" was the conversation I had with the fake middleman aside from the group chat. Finally, the file titled "Trade Proof.png" was the proof that I traded my knife and skin to the fake middleman.

More proof:
    Here is the link to the legitimate middleman that the fake middleman impersonated, http://steamcommunity.com/id/PenguinPrince/

and this is the link to the fake middleman that scammed me, http://steamcommunity.com/id/PenguinIPrince/

The file titled "HTML Proof.png" shows that the guy who I traded my csgo skins to was the fake middleman, and by right clicking and selecting "Inspect Element" on Google Chrome, I am able to show you that the link directs me to the fake middleman's profile.​

Attached Files:

2. Klawsome

Klawsome New User

Steam:
  3. Zixtyy

Zixtyy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:38956525
    Figured I would reply here, as these two were my first ever attempted scammers on Steam. I accidentally closed chat window before taking a screenshot, but have literally the exact same story as OP.

I do have a text chatlog, however:
    Something to add, considering there are no timestamps on that chat. They rush the chat along quite fast. I was messaged by Kise Ryouta to reply in group chat while I was checking the guy out on Steamrep and checking profile URLs etc.
  4. Zixtyy

Zixtyy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:38956525
  5. Klawsome

Klawsome New User

Steam:
  6. Earth Erection

Earth Erection New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:83942383
    OMG, I ALSO GOT SCAMMED TOO. today a kise ryouta guy was like "yea ill pay $740 for your karambit" I was like ok. Then he got this guy as a middleman and when I gave him my knife they both left me. Please report and hopefully we get our knives back.

Attached Files:

7. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Hello @Klawsome,

Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accused's profile
    2. Click "More" drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose "Report Violation"
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click "Submit Report"

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for reporting this user.