1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Evidence Provided Report: 76561198155613202 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by Elmosdarkside, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Elmosdarkside

Elmosdarkside New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:59577371
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] Steam Wallet fraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198155613202

Victim profile: 76561198079420471

What happened? Description:
    I knew this guy was a scammer from the start, and wanted to prove it as he had four reports already. He first tried to scam my by pretending to be ToughSox, and getting me to trade my unusual to him to "prove my hat history" but me and Tough had already set up a password just in case he did try that, and he gave the fake decoy password that i had given to him while he was on the fake account, impersonating Toughsox. Then, he asked if we could just do a cash trade, which he sent me a fake trade request that had a bunch of stuff that basically said the money would be deposited into my steam wallet when i accepted. Ill post the pictures of the chat, and the trade, along with his name/profile past names.​

Provide Evidence:
    I kinda typed it all in the description... first three pictures are of the steam wallet scam, and then the 4th and 5th are of him using the decoy safeword that i told me me and Toughsox set up, on the fake Toughsox account. (Btw, mine and Toughsox's real safeword was Bannanahammock, thats how i knew it was really him)​

Attached Files:

2. Elmosdarkside

Elmosdarkside New User

Steam:
    that i told him that me and Toughsox set up^

sorry for mistype.
  3. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Do you have a link to the impersonator's SteamRep profile? We need their SteamRep block too.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  4. Elmosdarkside

Elmosdarkside New User

Steam:
    Hey, sorry didnt think i'd actually have to check back here, thought i had more than enough evidence to ban this guy... but i currently do not, give me one second to see if i can find it.
  5. Elmosdarkside

Elmosdarkside New User

Steam:
    I couldnt actually find it because of how long ago the event happened, the account was banned on tf2outpost, and i think here on steamrep as well already though, as ToughSox, the guy that was impersonated, is an admin on tf2outpost, and when he heard about himself being impersonated, he wasnt very happy xD
  6. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    I will mark this as evidence provided, since we at least have evidence for one of the accused. And that accused is marked for other outstanding offenses as well.