1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561198155959738 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Mangy, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Mangy

Mangy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:19040778
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Accomplice] Alternate account of hijacker or scammer
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198155959738

Victim profile: 76561197998347284

What happened? Description:
    I am not really a victim, a sub account or friend tried to scam me and I have gathered a lot of information on why this guy is a part of it all. He added steam rep to a scammers account, falsely claimed to be a real steam developer/moderator. Had the same knife as the scammer and was trying to trade it on lounge, his profile says 'only active account' but doesn't have knife on it. I confront him and he adds me then gets caught in a circle of lies over and over.​

Provide Evidence:
    View attachment 180660
    The rep and claims.
    View attachment 180670
    View attachment 180671
    Convo where is is trying to claim that he is trying to ban the scammer as well and needs my help.

View attachment 180673
    He claims he was scammed 20-30 days ago this is him responding to offers for his knife much earlier than 20 days ago, also the scammers account with the knife trade. View attachment 180672
    Proof he was still responding to trades - left side
    View attachment 180674
    More lies, this is him claiming he lost his knife 20-30 days ago and posted rep earlier than that before he knew he was a scammer. Yet he blatantly posted the rep on December 3rd as proven here.
    View attachment 180676
    Now another 'truth'
    View attachment 180677
    Him calling me a liar about the trade offers on lounge. View attachment 180678
    Had to tell him before he realized he left the trade up, but I still had it open in another window, more lies.... Not sure how much more evidence you need, this guy is scum a lot of the reason I almost got scammed - level 111 account - lots of games - steam developer badge​

Attached Files:

2. Grinnux

Grinnux New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:97847005
    I was trying to know if he is 'Xanax' the guy who scammed me, because there was a private group made by 'Xanax a.k.a sethur or whatever his name is", This guy MANGY and the scammer was in the same private group, so I was trying to know if he's the same guy..., I removed my rep from the scammer profile when I found out he's a scammer, then I decided to keep talking with mangy to know if he's the same guy who scammed me, I mean like I just wanted to make the chat longer to see the way he talks with, I purchased 20 keys from the guy I repped, not just some random rep. oh and also MANGY profile picture was used by the scammer.
  3. Grinnux

Grinnux New User

Steam:
    And we never did a trade
  4. Grinnux

Grinnux New User

Steam:
    Well, hiding things is bad, I need to say the truth, he was really with a private group with the scammer, I really thought its him cuz he had the same profile picture, in a private group with him, but yea.... the scammer paid me 10 keys to +Rep him, he had 0 STEAMREP reports, he was legit when I did that. but then I get added by 'Mange' telling me that I'm working with the scammer, repped him, etc... then I tried to remove the rep when I found out he's a scammer but his profile is private, I couldn't do anything about it. What else would you like to know? and I NEVER ever scammed or worked with a scammer or even repped a scammer, I only accept to REP when I know he's not a scammer.

Ignore the above posts, they're NOT true
  5. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    @Mangy

http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/notice-changes-to-investigation-policy.47952/

Due to changes in our investigative policy, we no longer accept reports on fakerep. As such, I am archiving this report. However, I do think the accused was in the wrong to post this comment, which as shown in OP's screenshot, clearly gives a vouch of trust at risk of his own reputation.

I would like to take this opportunity for anyone reading to point out that "+rep" comments on people's profiles, no matter what they say, who posted them, or when, are absolutely worthless. You should never, under any circumstances, use "+rep" comments to to determine whether to trust someone. Traders often post them for non-trust trades, or without any reason other than being asked to, and scammers often either post "+rep" from their alternate accounts or pay people as little as a scrap metal (or in this case, 10 keys) each to write fake reputation comments on their profile. Meanwhile, any negative comments indicating someone shouldn't be trusted, get deleted, so you would never see any signs of a scammer that in profile comments anyway. I highly recommend you read over this guide, written by a retired SteamRep admin: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/what-constitutes-reputation.12391

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating, SteamRep Partner Members, SteamRep Partner SCAs).**