1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Pending Report: 76561198158548550 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Previously Banned Reports' started by DrJeremy, Nov 24, 2014.

1. DrJeremy

DrJeremy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:33511415
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulant behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198158548550

Victim profile: 76561198027288558

What happened? Description:
    [At the time of posting] I have a TF2Outpost trade with an Aces High Exquisite Rack for sale. This person adds me, vaguely asking me "how many keys or buds for your hat?" - not specifying which hat, or even the quality of it. They tried to tell me that they are concerned that some hats "dont appaer once traded...or dupped", and wanted to see if my hat would appear or not if I traded it to them. This is one of the worst, and most blatant, scam attempts ever. As soon as I said the word "scam" they said "nope" and immediately removed me.

While I did not lose any items, someone still attempted a scam on me; I am not trying to get items recovered or any sort of compensation, but simply to get a scammer marked / banned.​

Provide Evidence:
    s1.png is a screenshot of my whole screen minutes after the scam attempt.
    In it, you can see the full chat window, the attempted scammer's / the accused's Steam profile, profile URL, their Steam ID [from steamidfinder.com], the full chat window with timestamps, as well as my own computer's time.

chat.png is a screenshot of the full chat window, including timestamps.
    As soon as I say the word "scam", I get a "nope", before instantly being removed.​

Attached Files:

• s1.png
      s1.png
      File size:
      713.1 KB
      Views:
    • chat.png
      chat.png
      File size:
      51.1 KB
      Views: