1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198162216326 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by de_rank 2, Feb 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. de_rank 2

de_rank 2 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25320497
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198162216326

Victim profile: 76561198010906722

What happened? Description:
    On February 9th, 2016, a person named "JeeVeS" added me on
    Steamcommunity.com. He suggested to make a trade involving
    intangible items. He also suggested that there be a middleman whose
    job is to verify the integrity of the items, making sure that the
    items are not "duplicated" or "obtained
    illegally". I was told by "JeeVes" to add a Reddit
    middleman, "Rui", who is a impersonator.

In the middle of the trade, I was asked to send two of my items to
    "Rui", who then would verify if the items are not obtained
    illegally by duplicating. Then I was told that there are some items
    that are "unclean" in my inventory, and that I had to send
    all my items to "Rui" so that he could check it. I obliged
    and then they took my items which is equivalent to $500USD and
    blocked me on Steamcommunity.com.

Here is a copy of the conversation with "JeeVes",
    "Rui" and a group chatroom involving the two scammers.
    http://imgur.com/a/lSm7f

Provide Evidence:
    Copy of conversation -
    http://imgur.com/a/lSm7f

Attached Files:

2. COLLECTOR

COLLECTOR New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:100975299
    Bro if you lost your knife to other scamm dont report me i reported for random report on steam
  3. COLLECTOR

COLLECTOR New User

Steam:
    dont try to report me bro i dont know you why you acting like that please dont repport random report me if you lost your items
  4. COLLECTOR

COLLECTOR New User

Steam:
    by the way bro your picture and screenshots are fake dont try it
  5. COLLECTOR

COLLECTOR New User

Steam:
    Well I guess they are not banned because if you trade something out of trade window and got scammed they can be marked as scammer on steamrep but not on Steam. This why never trade out of trade window.
  6. COLLECTOR

COLLECTOR New User

Steam:
    Trading on Steam is a den of theifs. Trading attracts scammers like bear dung attracts flies. What is creepy, is that the scammers are guys who are looking to prey on younger gamers who are new to Steam just learning how things work, that's just creepy.
  7. COLLECTOR

COLLECTOR New User

Steam:
    Imagine how disgusted I was when I learnt that they'd list you as a scammer if you traded with somebody deemed a scammer. Where do they get the audacity to say who I can and can't trade with.

That is peculiar; I never knew that. I always thought the idea of the site as a sort of 'watchdog' entity was interesting, but that piece of information along with some other issues that seem to be associated with it certainly are discouraging to its cause.

In any case, I too feel third-party groups such as SteamRep should not be linked to how Steam Support takes care of matters. There is no doubt SteamRep is useful to a certain degree within the realm of trading, but making it so Steam Support is accountable for what sort of information SteamRep feeds them and SteamRep accountable for what sort of actions Steam Support take is over-kill. I honestly do not think Steam Support in particular should be held accountable for what sort of information SteamRep puts forward.
  8. COLLECTOR

COLLECTOR New User

Steam:
    Where did you learn it? I would love to see. I also don't want to be labelled as a scammer that way.
  9. de_rank 2

de_rank 2 New User

Steam:
    The fact that you are trying to justify yourself that much makes you even more suspicious. But it doesn't matter. I have consulted my friend who is pursuing a legal career and he has asked me to deliver this message to you.

"Dear scammer,
    Hi. I am this user (http://steamcommunity.com/id/mingreegg)'s friend, and happen to be a person with extensive knowledge of international and criminal law. Scamming online is usually nice because there's no patents or copyrights involved in intellectual properties in Steam. Therefore, it is outside the remit of intellectual property law and is beyond the civil law remit in most jurisdictions. In other words, we can't easily get the scammed items back through restitution in civil law. (notably civil lawsuits are expensive, and out-of-court settlements are generally more favourable).

Meanwhile, most players do not keep record of their negotiations with scammers and they don't know how to make the local police or international police intervene.

If both players are in different jurisdictions, calling local police would not be helpful because they can't exercise their power cross-jurisidictions. To put it in simpler words, a police in the UK cannot exercise their power to search or arrest in the USA. Therefore, the correct resolution is to call the international police such as FBI. I have advised my friend, who was previously known as "de_rank" (http://steamcommunity.com/id/mingreegg) that the he could file a complaint via FBI IC3 (http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx).
    I will supplement him with any help and advise him any legal resorts if necessary. Criminal action is different from civil action, meaning that even you are fined or arrested, my friend won't get his intellectual properties (i.e. steam items) back.
    Therefore, we offer you this settlement: meaning that you send him back his items within the next 24 hours. Otherwise, we would have to resort to the FBI IC3, which is by no means beneficial to either you or my friend."

The screenshots are unedited and can be used as evidence. Just so you know, the police can obtain a warrant to check your IP address.
    Here is my trade URL - https://steamcommunity.com/tradeoffer/new/?partner=50640994&token=lDfyOAUm
    It is up to you to return the items. But the case will not be dropped unless my items are compensated.
  10. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
  11. JeeVeS | Negotiating

JeeVeS | Negotiating New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:84960206
    You are reporting again random here the proof that you give can be not me make sure that to your report is th scammer
  12. de_rank 2

de_rank 2 New User

Steam:
    You may defend that screenshots are insufficient evidence in courts. However, it provides a prima facie case for international police to intervene and trace your internet address. They can have warrants to search your home, ask steam for IP addresses and any online market transaction. Arguing with me that screenshots are insufficient evidence is meaningless because all it does it to justify an intervention from the international executives. Once investigation has been started, they won't even need the aforementioned screenshots.

And you and your friend have about 5 hours to return the items.
  13. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Hello @de_rank 2,

Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for reporting this user.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.