1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198164369386 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by rust an peeses, Mar 12, 2015.

1. rust an peeses

rust an peeses New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:75151564
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulant behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198164369386

Victim profile: 76561198110568856

What happened? Description:
    Fake giveaway. This is a new scam, I have never ever seen this and it is very very foolproof. What the scammer does is tells me they are doing a giveaway and links me to it. (Legit link) Then goes on and adds me to a voice chat so there is no Text Evidence. He tells me that I should give him my AWP so later he gives me the giveaway prize to me. It seemed so legit, as this person has a VERY trusted trader as his friend. And bam. A day later I see he blocked me and unfriended me, not only from Steam, but also on CS:GO lounge. He continued to scam more and more people, for more and more expensive skins, saying each time he is giving them away.
    Please do something about this guy, do whatever is possible to get him banned.​

Provide Evidence:
    I'm so sorry I can not provide evidence, but you can check his inventory, you see an AWP Corticera, and AWP Asiimov, a Factory New Case Hardened AK, and a Huntsman Stained. He said he got the stained from his friend (Which was absolute lies) as goes for the Case Hardened (Which he "won from a bet" which is impossible, it's too high of a priced item)

So so sorry for not providing a picture/evidence. Please, please take my word for this.

(Note I found a picture of the trade, it's the top one. My friend, right under, gave me an AWP Corticera as a gift for my birthday and told me not to lose it and I lost it. I'm so good at this.)​

Attached Files:

2. segel

segel New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:102051829
    Well I'm sorry that I scammed a scammer.

Here is what happened.
    Rust an peeses wanted me to rig my M4A4 giveaway for him to win. I had a promotional giveaway going on for one of my favorite workshop skins when he added me. He asked me whether or not I would be willing to rig the giveaway if he gave me the AWP Corticera as some form of a payment, which equalled out to around $10 Canadian. This is when I decided to scam a scammer. I decided to wait to the last minute to giveaway the M4A4 Asiimov, if I did it earlier he would have instantly "squealed" on the entire group and I feared that i the need came that I would have to explain the situation to the people in the group, that it wouldn't turn out anywhere near well and all my reputation would be lost. I will admit that after he contacted me, I did go a long with it like something that I would have wanted to do, and made it seem legitimate.

I'm sorry that I decided to do this, as vigilante justice isn't necessarily the right thing to do but I felt like it would be the best option at that time.

Also, I'd like to point out that he says this "scam" is very very foolproof. You were the one in the first place trying to scam everyone in the giveaway group. I wouldn't be surprised if I kept going with this and started raffles, you would have wanted me to rig the giveaway so you win the raffle and everyone loses the money they paid to enter. If this is anyones scam, its your own.

Another side note is that you said that I lied about where I got my knife from. All you can do is make assumptions from this, literally nothing else but make assumptions. My knife was borrowed to me from an IRL, he is no longer allowed to play much video games due to needing to complete homework. He has given me the Knife to try to trade up with, because I have much more free time than he does. You said that my AK is also impossible to get from bets, when in reality this is far from it. My AK CH is $44 USD which is nowhere near the limit of what you can bet on CSGL, and in fact it is possible to get items that are much more than the $60 limit, they will just only be counted as $60. This is why you can buy a WW Asii and have that as a max bet item, despite it being $7 or $8 over your limit.

Overall what has been brought forth today, is simply anecdotal evidence that can't be held accountable for anything. All this person is trying to do is tarnish my reputation as a trader because I decided to scam a scammer. I would never rig a giveaway so that it has a determined outcome. Never. Not only that, rust specifically left out key parts of the situation. I didn't come forward to him, but in fact he came forward to me. Yet again he makes it seem in his statement like he actually won the giveaway, and that I was bargaining that he already won the M4 but if he gave me the Corticera he would actually get it. This is completely untrue and he came forward to me about doing this, which is completely different then what he described above.

I'd finally like to thank Steamrep for your dedication to the community, because whenever I trade with someone I make sure to check their Steamrep. I don't get to say thanks enough :)
  3. segel

segel New User

Steam:
    Also, again I'd just like to note that this whole arrangement that he came to me with, he would have not filed this report if I had done the rigged giveaway like he asked, but the fact that I didn't rig the giveaway made him submit this report which I believe is fraudulent by itself.
  4. rust an peeses

rust an peeses New User

Steam:
    This is no "Promotional Giveaway". You added me, and sent me a message saying that I posted over on a different giveaway, just entering it, and it wasn't I who asked you to rig it, but it was YOU who asked if I would volunteer into rigging this whole business of yours.

I have NEVER done a single "Giveaway", so I have absolutely NO idea what you are saying about how I'm trying to scam everyone in the giveaway group.
    Nobody paid money to enter your giveaway, they simply went onto your profile and gave you pages upon pages of +rep to make it seem like you are a legit player, which in fact is completely opposite.

I never gave you any type of option to have to resort to, you baited me into this trap which is absolutely profound, also you have basically no proof of what happened.
    Maybe when you went into Voice Chat, you should have thought of recording it too.

Segel decided to tell me that I have a choice; Give him the AWP and tomorrow, get an M4A4 Asiimov FT, or not give him the AWP and he'll go to the next person and ask.

What I thought? After about 10 minutes of trying to stall myself, I just went in, as I know if I DO happen to lose the skin, it is only 10$, and I would know who else is untrustable in this community.

I would also like to note literally just that day I prevented someone from scamming (A level 30 named JordaN) and also got him kicked from a group (For scamming, of course). If you would like to have contact with that group I can do that as fast as possible.

Segel, I have already had one of your friends confirm on my profile that you are an untrustable person. You can go check my profile's comments right now if you would like and see for yourself. And you seriously need to stop attempting to do this smart talk, and using smart words and 100% Perfect grammar to buy yourself affection.

I submitted this report to get my AWP Back, which was a gift by my friend, which to me is worth more than 10$, which I realized right after. I made one mistake here, and that was listening to this guy and trading it to him.

I have never even ATTEMPTED to scam in my entire CS:GO trading history. I can show you a picture of my whole entire trade history and you can see that I have earned my +rep rather than getting it in a low low manner like you did. I have traded up and up to a knife and lost it literally a WEEK before getting scammed by segel.

I didn't come to you with this "Whole Arrangement". You most likely wouldn't have even cared about your steamrep account if I hadn't posted it on your giveaway hoax.

Also, where's your proof? Yes, I do know I have no proof, but you are completely changing this entire story to what seems to be entirely your outcome. You have already done untrustable things by asking for Reputation for a giveaway that you would never actually do.

I'll make a bet, however, that segel will do this giveaway now that I've mentioned it. Why? Oh for the sake of himself, of course.

Sorry if I'm acting rude in any part of this message, by the way. I haven't slept for 20 hours. And a big thanks to you guys for even being here.
  5. rust an peeses

rust an peeses New User

Steam:
    You have even gone to delete your Giveaway without giving the M4 away.

Expecting the typical "I don't feel safe knowing I could give it away to a scammer, as there are so many scammers out there I just don't know anymore!"
    In fact, I might add almost half the skins in your account aren't there anymore. If you were really the "good guy" here why are you freaking out and deleting all evidence?

I just checked and now you are saying you gave it away... What was the sole purpose of this? You say you were doing a "Giveaway" for your M4 Asiimov, not half your inventory. You made more money scamming others than you gave away yourself.

Also, when you blocked and unfriended me, why would you block me from CS Lounge as well? What are you attempting to Prevent? Me from "Scamming" you? Please. You didn't get scammed for anything at all. You bribed people into helping you, and later you continued to scam them, and then FRAME them as well. You are going over the top obnoxious and just disrespectful.

Really hope you never become a policeman, don't wanna see what would happen then.
  6. Captain Unicorn Smiles

Captain Unicorn Smiles r/dota2trade moderator Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:55854370
    Scamming a scammer is still a scam. By admitting this you will likely be marked on SR.
  7. segel

segel New User

Steam:
    Just a TLDR for anyone thats interested. Basically what happened is:

Rust paid for me to rig a giveaway
    I didn't rig it for him and kept the payment to rig it (AWP Corticera MW was payment)
    Created Steamrep report because I didn't rig it and I gave it away legit
  8. segel

segel New User

Steam:
    By sending me the item (which you showed proof of) and just admitting it in that post, it shows that you did agree to pay me to rig the giveaway.

Also just a sub point, how would I get profit back if you're trading me a $10 CAD item for like a $55 CAD item?
  9. segel

segel New User

Steam:
    Also since I'm unable to edit my previous post, mind telling me how the fact that my reputation is fake is at all relevant?
    I'm not even sure how it's fake, sure I encouraged people to +rep me in order to join the giveaway but how is that actually fake? I didn't create hundreds of Steam accounts just to +rep myself, people made the conscious decision to give me a plus rep and if they had that big of a deal with my reputation they're completely free to -rep me.
  10. Captain Unicorn Smiles

Captain Unicorn Smiles r/dota2trade moderator Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:55854370
    Rep indicates an implied trade. The fact that you are generating rep w/o doing trades is, in essence, fraudulent and let's not joke about -Rep comments, I believe we all know comments can be deleted.

Regardless, there is no need for either of you to continue this conversation until a SR admin or moderator comments asking for information or weighing in on the report.
  11. rust an peeses

rust an peeses New User

Steam:
    Yes you can see my email
    Yes he is now going on to scamming with paypal
    Yes he does have 30+ pages of fake rep
    Yes this is unacceptable.

Attached Files:

12. rust an peeses

rust an peeses New User

Steam:
    Not only looking for scamming people
    But sold/stashed my AWP Corticera AND the AWP Asiimov that he scammed from his other friend.
    Requesting Mod/Admin.

Attached Files:

13. rust an peeses

rust an peeses New User

Steam:
    @Lava I keep forgetting to tag you :S
  14. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Why are you tagging me in the first place?
  15. metromac

metromac New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:4637561
    he is tagging because he scammed way too much people including me
  16. rust an peeses

rust an peeses New User

Steam:
    He's scamming a lot. It's getting out of hand. He literally doesn't care about this report anymore, he's going until he gets trade banned.
  17. drblue2

drblue2 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:91894001
    Note that his backpack is now private.

Attached Files:

18. rust an peeses

rust an peeses New User

Steam:
    Now his inventory is private.
    Here is the screens of the chat history.

Attached Files:

19. rust an peeses

rust an peeses New User

Steam:
    Proof I never scammed a single soul to get my items:

Attached Files:

20. rust an peeses

rust an peeses New User

Steam:
    This is all the proof I could get. If I could get the first page/day of the chat, this whole situation would be over. Sadly, it has to go on.