1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Pending Report: 76561198165112657 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by LamboNando8219, Apr 18, 2015.

1. LamboNando8219

LamboNando8219 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:50431192
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198165112657

Victim profile: 76561198061128112

What happened? Description:
    Liam Price was a friend that I met in Counter Strike: Global Offensive, we played quite a lot of games together and Skyped etc. He seemed like a nice guy, so the friendship grew. In the first game we played, before we were friends, he mentioned to the server how a Middleman ran off with a knife of his in the past, and now he hates them. So, when it came to him offering me $380 through PayPal for my Karambit | Case Hardned (Minimal Wear) With around 40% Blue Playside, and my AK-47 | Vulcan (Minimal Wear) with a Titan Katowise 2015 Sticker, I took it very seriously, as every other time someone has offered cash, they just Added me and attempted to scam me on the spot.

So We discussed this for around 1 - 2 Weeks, playing a lot of CS:GO in the meantime, and eventually, while in a Skype call with Liam, Myself and another friend of ours Brett, we attempted the trade, he screen shared himself getting the PayPal ready, and we were happily talking after just finishing a game, and I sent a Trade offer for my Items, he then proceeded to fill out all the details for the PayPal transaction, and as he was about to send, he stopped sharing screens and left the call. I asked Brett what he was doing, and Brett replied: "I don't know, I'll ask him". There was heavy typing coming through his mic for a few seconds, then he too left the call. Then, I messaged them on steam, and both proceeded to Unfriend and block me.

The Account he was using at the time was one called Katana, but as you can see, after more research I found many Alternate accounts, most with the name 'Fade' or some variation, with the same picture of a Black Man, sitting in a chair, smoking, with a katana resting up against him. One of those accounts has a VAC Ban. He used 4 accounts that I knew of, "Fade to Black", which appeared to be his main, with a lot of rep, high steam level etc, "Wulf" which became his main after the aforementioned account was hijacked, "I'm The Bong Lord" which was a friends account he borrowed because he was a higher rank than us in CS:GO, and needed a lower rank account to make it fair on us, and finally, "Katana" which was Brett's alternate account that Liam used for the same reason as the previous one, because we played so many games together he, that ranked up the other accounts too high. Our discussion of the trade took place in game and on Skype, so I have no text to copy as proof, but I have tried to get as many screenshots of possible proof as I can. "Wulf" and "Fade To Black" had a lot of rep from cash trades in the past, and I had none, as this was my first, so I could understand why the person with the Rep wouldn't go first.

As soon as he left the call, I had that horrible feeling of betrayal and regret, mixed with anger and self-frustration, and then there were key signs that made sense afterward that didn't seem important earlier. He slipped in the comment about being scammer by a Middleman in the first game, so he had probably seen my knife, and targeted me. I asked about a middleman and he said he doesn't trust them, because the first time he used one, they took off. He was happy 90% of the time, and we mucked around in game, but then he would act like an arsehole to people in game, and laugh about it. I figured that because we are playing games, maturity isn't guaranteed, and being rude to others could be funny, but it shows now that even though we were friends, he clearly doesn't care about people if he can laugh after telling them to kill themselves.

Anyway, I would absolutely love it if my items could be returned, but I know that is most definitely not going to happen, but please, can we at least get this lowlife scammer, and his many Alt's, Banned!​

Provide Evidence:
    As mentioned above, our discussion took place over multiple variations of voice chat, so I have no chat to screenshot, but I have these screenshots, which I hope can help.

http://imgur.com/gallery/LHQiX
    if you aren't allowed to click links etc, I pasted them here with the same imgur captions:

My Karambit
    [​IMG]
    My AK-47
    [​IMG]
    Liam's PayPal History, he sent this to me as reassurance (A few days beforehand)
    [​IMG]
    He sent this when asking for my email, to show that he was ready, but at the time I wasn't (Also a few days ago)
    [​IMG]
    The Account I Traded them to
    [​IMG]
    Alt
    [​IMG]
    Alt
    [​IMG]
    Alt
    [​IMG]
    Our Skype, you can see I sent him the email address for the Transaction
    [​IMG]
    Brett's Main account
    [​IMG]
    Brett's Skype
    [​IMG]
    My PayPal to prove the money never came through
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. LamboNando8219

LamboNando8219 New User

Steam:
  3. Cyborg

Cyborg Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:65481715
    You should also report the person assisting in the scam, if you have not already.

Do you have any screenshots of the chat with agreement?
  4. LamboNando8219

LamboNando8219 New User

Steam:
    No I don't, as he first brought it up mid game while we were Skyping, and then we would talk about it over Skype from then on, so no screenshots of the chat I'm afraid.