1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198165595980 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by LMO//Crimson, Jul 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LMO//Crimson

LMO//Crimson New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:56075436
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198165595980

Victim profile: 76561198072416601

What happened? Description:
    So Hand of Midas contacted me after I had my trade on auto-bump on csgolounge.com. He was the first real person that day with a nice inventory and lots of keys. I saw he had a trade ban and did not look at his steam rep, however he told me it was an authentication cool down and he would be able to trade shortly after that. He told me that he wanted me to trade my knife to a friend so he can check to see if it was "bugged." I initially was wary on this because it sounded like the classic scam that happened to many people. He told me he would offer a BF UM BS for my SD Stained FT which was a decent overpay for my hassle. I traded my knife to someone I trusted and that I knew in real life. I sent him the link to her inventory and he checked it, after that the person I traded my knife too said "what do you want me to do in this trade?" (keep in mind shes an inexperienced trader) I immediately said "What?! Cancel it now, don't click anything just cancel the trade, do not click accept." I knew that he was trying to scam me. I check his friends list and see someone that renamed their name to REIGN {SD S FT} which was my name at the time. I traded her and changed my name to something random "corny f✿✿ nerd" and will receive my knife back in 15 days from her. (She just got the steam app to be able to trade me) To sum it up, Midas tried to impersonate me to steal my knife, luckily it was someone I was currently on a Skype call with and was able to get my knife back into the right hands Midas's.​

Provide Evidence:
    Initial Trade is the part where we discussed the trade.
    Continue1 is the part two of our discussion.
    Caught is where I found out he was scamming.
    tradetoher is the trade of my knife to my trusted friend.
    tradebacktome is her giving my knife back after we found out.
    face account is a picture of his friends list having a level 0 fake of me.
    proofitshim is me (to the best of my ability and from what I understand) proving it's him
    clickingontheirname is me showing some proof I guess once again.​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Moving this to review because I can see/accept a few of those screens for what I need.
    Keep in mind this user is tagged/banned here and multiple communities next time you just need to delete and move on not even take it this far.
    Also from now on do NOT edit screenshots.. not even little red blocks all over - we don't accept any edited screenshots.
  3. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Hello,

Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for reporting this user.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.