1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198248149812 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Andy ☻, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Andy ☻

Andy ☻ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:59390783
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] Other cash fraud (webmoney, bitcoin, etc)
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198248149812

Victim profile: 76561198079047295

What happened? Description:
    This guy messaged me after i posted a trade at csgolounge.com, where he said that he was willing to pay real money and that he might overpay for my Falchion Knife | Boreal Forest (Minimal Wear). And i took the bait. I added him and we started chatting. He offered me 55 euros, which was a fair overpay so i accepted. He asked about where he should send the money and since i had a paysafe account i asked if paysafe was ok with him. I didn't know how we were going to do that, but he said that he noticed i hadn't traded a lot and that he had a lot of +rep. So he told me to send him an offer. While i was finding the trade offer thingy i looked into his profile and we started having a little chat about trading nothing major, but he seemed like a very nice and trustworthy guy. I sent an offer with my knife and he accepted it immediately. He then sent me the code and said that it should work. I told him that it didn't. I asked if it was the right code. He said: Yeah, pretty sure same code. And the second after he wrote that sentence he removed me as his friend, probably blocked me from communicating with him and then went offline. And that was that. I hate myself now, knowing that i lost my knife to him. I still learned something though and that is that i shall never even look into a trade concerning real money again and I will rather stick to my old method, trading items for items.​

Provide Evidence:
    [​IMG] View attachment 374488 This is the 1st half of our chat, the blue line is the code to the PaySafe card, in case it actually works
    [​IMG] View attachment 374489 This is the 2nd half of our chat, sorry could not fit the whole chat into one picture
    [​IMG] View attachment 374496 This is my trade offer, that he accepted
    [​IMG] View attachment 374498 This is some of my recent inventory history
    [​IMG] View attachment 374497 Here is his steam profile page, that i used to identify him​

Attached Files:

2. n33dweed

n33dweed Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:48789606
    Hello @Andy ☻
    We are unable to accept reports for cd key,gamecodes or wallet code scams here.
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/notice-changes-to-investigation-policy.47952/
    Feel free to report this user to steam
    In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.