1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Evidence Provided Report: 76561198250904830 - ([Steam] Steam Games)

Discussion in 'Previously Banned Reports' started by Ark of Truth, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Ark of Truth

Ark of Truth New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:23097088
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [Steam] Steam Games

Accused profile: 76561198250904830

Victim profile: 76561198006459904

What happened? Description:
    After posting in the Steam Trade section of Don't Starve Together about I was willing to trade a spare copy of Don't Starve Together for Don't Starve this user contacted me.

He was willing to give me a copy of Don't Strave for my copy of Don't Starve Together he made a convincing argument about not being to trade it using the trade system due to a 30 day restriction due to recently buying the game.
    This was was correct as I had the same issue due to only purchasing the game recently, I didn't need the second copy as my friends already had the game and that we would have to directly trade out of inventory by sending as Steam gifts.

I sent my game but he has not sent me his game in return, still waiting for it even now as I write this up.​

Provide Evidence:
    The chat screenshots are 3 picture because the chat was so long. Overlaps to show that it has not been edited.​

Attached Files:

2. Ark of Truth

Ark of Truth New User

Steam:
    I would also like to point out user removed me from his friends list after the scam. The 1st screenshot clearly shows him on my friends list.
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @Ark of Truth Provide a screen shot of your game history please showing where you would have received the game in question and where you sent the game in question.

As for a question of my own..if you were so good at checking the user out to ensure they were honest and knew about SteamRep to start with why didn't you check the user out here - you would have seen that this user has several reports validated against them and already tagged as of nearly 70 days.
  4. Ark of Truth

Ark of Truth New User

Steam:
    Here are the two screenshots, one to show I sent it to him and that he redeemed it, the other to show I didn't get anything back or redeemed anything.

As to your question, I didn't know about SteamRep until after the trade went sour. After I realised I was scammed I search Google to see if they was a way of reporting this to Steam. In my search I came across a post which mentioned SteamRep and after checking I noticed he is a fraud, but alas it was already too late. The post which you saw was edited a hour after the fact to stop people from falling into the trap I did. The edited post was done a few minutes after submitting the report here.

Attached Files:

5. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Ok, always good to do your checking BEFORE hand as you've found out.
    I'll move this report to review with the rest. In the meantime you can report the user to Valve
    In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.