1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198251796648 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Garey Busey, Aug 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garey Busey

Garey Busey New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:31725383
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulant behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198128605414

Victim profile: 76561198023716495

What happened? Description:
    The accused approached the victim (me) via a steam chat asking If I was still trading my knife. After some discussion in regards to which knife I would like to trade for, and a completion of deciding which knives we would be trading. He asked if he could verify whether or not my item was bugged, glitched, or "legit". After the victim argued with the accused party and said that he would not part with his knife unless it was through an official trade with him, and the knife would be replaced with an incoming item (ie. my knife for his knife) a trade would not occur. The accused then went offline.​

Provide Evidence:
    Here are two pictures showing evidence of the attempted scam between the accused and the victim.​

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2016
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Thanks @Garey Busey Issue I'm having is connecting or verifying you and this user were in contact. Please screenshot your activity showing you adding this user - when you do see it hover your mouse pointer over the users name so it shows the popup of their steam profile. Full screenshot do not edit/crop in anyway.
  3. Garey Busey

Garey Busey New User

Steam:
    Here is the picture of me attempting to add him on this profile, he has blocked me since our last communication. I do not remember when he was originally on my friends list, i believe it was a few weeks to a month ago. This was more or less our first trade attempt contact, where he attempted to scam me. Hope this helps

Attached Files:

4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    That isn't what I requested.
  5. Garey Busey

Garey Busey New User

Steam:
    I'm not sure what you're asking for the unfortunately, he was on my friends list originally a few weeks ago or a month ago, so I cannot verify when I originally added him. I'm not exactly sure what you're looking for then, or how to obtain that...
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Open steam client - make sure you have URL enabled in settings. Then under where it says your name click it pull down menu - ACTIVITY
    It MAY show where you added this user.
  7. Garey Busey

Garey Busey New User

Steam:
    Oh okay, yeah I found it. Here are some more pictures of proof and evidence. I just recently changed my name to Bob Ross (less than an hour ago maybe) so I'm also adding proof that show's I'm still the same person (Garey Busey and Bob Ross). Let me know if you need any more evidence. (Evidence_Scam_6 is a .jpg file because a .png was too big of a file, thus I had to change the image format for it to allow me to upload it.)

Attached Files:

8. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    ok need it again just like one of those first two shots but without you changing your info
  9. Garey Busey

Garey Busey New User

Steam:
    Okay, sorry about that. Here you are, I have 3 more pictures of my activity as evidence.

Attached Files:

10. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    well no but nevermind I got what I need thanks

You appear to have accused the wrong user - open that back up just like you did CLICK on that users name - paste the steamURL into steamrep search and provide me here the full SR profile block of that user.
  11. Garey Busey

Garey Busey New User

Steam:

Attached Files:

12. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Yeah - see whats happening is this user the REAL accused is just using the one you thought was involved - using their reputation or trading history/inventory to look good.
    Not an alt....happens alot.
    Now you see why I had you run thru all those since I could tell something wasn't right but needed confirmation.
    I'm changing the accused information you listed in the report to this user as you provided and accepting the report.
    | steamname: Rikusentai
    | steam3ID: [U:1:168339686]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:84169843
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198128605414
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/1Rikusentai
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198128605414

You can report the CORRECT user to Valve too if you like
    In the future just do the steps to verify correct users don't always follow links or URL's provided.
  13. Garey Busey

Garey Busey New User

Steam:
    Oh okay! Thank you very much for all of your help, let me know if I need to provide anything else. Good work!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.