1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Report multiple people in one report or make separate reports?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by xxBonsai99xx, Aug 3, 2014.

1. xxBonsai99xx

xxBonsai99xx New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32214292
    There has recently been a common scam going around on csgolounge with people offering factory new guns for trade which in some cases are worth 5x or more than lower grade exteriors and then when you trade them they put up a different wear e.g. field-tested which is worth far less. I have run into as many as 3 of these in a single day and was wondering if it would be beneficial for the moderators for me to just make one report with all scammers/proof or if I should go about making separate reports for each.

Here is an example of such a scam
    http://csgolounge.com/trade?t=20447712
    Factory New Pinstripe= approx $14
    Min wear Coricera= approx $11

Other exteriors of the gun are worth only around $4-$8

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/csgolounge/discussions/2/35219681713904925/
    As you can see in the first screenshot he is only putting up a well-worn version worth around $5

They also usually say something to the extent of "use steam trade offer" or "trade offers only no adds" so that the person interested in the trade essentially scams themselves if they aren't careful and then the scammer then has plausible deniability because they could make up various excuses why they didn't have the correct wear in their inventory and it was "the fault of the other person"
  2. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    in a report is to go everybody of a single specific incident.

If it is about multiple incidents, then each incident has its own report.

An incident is the completing or failing of a attempt. While you may talk for multiple days with the same person, its still counted as a single incident.
    Tio José das Vacas likes this.
  3. xxBonsai99xx

xxBonsai99xx New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32214292
    Alright thanks for the reply, I just didn't want to unnecessarily spam the reports section if it could have been combined into one post.