1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Some suggestions for usability and effect

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by advicebanana, Oct 7, 2014.

1. advicebanana

advicebanana SteamRep Moderator Friend Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:11522747
    Some suggestions for usability of report form and effects of reports

1. Let me enter an id64 and have the report form populate the id block area for me. Having something as powerful as http://steamrep.com/search?q=$foo would be ideal. Copy-and-pasting all that is unnecessarily tedious.
    2. Fill in my own id block for me. My Steam account is tied to my forum account and I am not supposed to report anything if I am not the victim anyway, right? Putting that in is such a drag and information that the site knows already anyway.
    3. Allow labeling multiple scammers and victims per thread which lets threads show up
      Especially with the abundant middleman injection scam, two accounts are used mostly. You can only enter one id64 as the scammer afaik, so only one of the accounts will get a pending report shown on their Steamrep profile. I vaguely remember posting a thread for an accomplice of such a s cam which was archived with a request to not post another thread. I just went looking and found it: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/...-tf2-team-fortress-2-items.75817/#post-208788
      The account shows a Valve trade ban and trade probation, but no pending reports!
    That'll be my two cents.

PS: I got this error when posting this thread:
    Though I see no error in the JavaScript console.
    I tried in Chrome now and I see Error 520 in a Cloudflare frame which then takes up the whole page.
    AZIMAGE likes this.
  2. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    As you might imagine, these are things we already have in the backlog to improve. For #1-2, given we have a huge volume of reports, right now the ease of submitting reports is not at the top of our priority list. But it's obvious that we'll have it auto-populate the ID blocks down the road.

For #3, we will brainstorm on ways to (1) add a second account and (2) avoid making the form even more complicated. We really do want pending reports to appear for all accounts involved.

For the CloudFlare outage, we'll also eventually change the CloudFlare error messages to work better with the forums. It has its issues once in a while, unfortunately.