1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Something about Fraud report

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Keagle, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Keagle

Keagle New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41801771
    So i have a feeling like 99% sure he scammed me out of my csgo knife. so i have evidence of him being scammer, because i traded with him and such but i dont have any steam chat evidence. I know it might not be looked at but i was wondering if i can still somehow get enough evidence to get that guy flagged for scamming. So the trade was a lesser knife + paypal for my better knife. He told me the paypal would take a day or two to process which is not true?(i think can someone that uses paypal often confirm this?).
    TLDR; Got scammed because i was stupid. Am i able to still get the scammer flagged w/o evidence of chat? and the guy is on my trade history
  2. Miralay

Miralay Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21891320
    did you received any items in return or was it a one-way trade?
  3. Keagle

Keagle New User

Steam:
    i received an item but the dude privated his inventory then just made it public once again and my knife is missing assuming he moved it already.
    and the guys csgo description on front page i found suspicious so yea :/
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    If you received an item and you gave an item then you completed a fair trade unless it was mis-represented but you can't prove that or prove you were supposed to gain funds via paypal. Next time screen shot as you go along and pay a little more attention also.
    Just for the sake of knowing, what is his steam ID?
    Tio José das Vacas likes this.
  5. Keagle

Keagle New User

Steam:
  6. Keagle

Keagle New User

Steam:
    idk how paypal transactions work but according to faq the only way the process takes a long time would be via echecks but he claimed he had to activate a card and i found some suspicious things on his profile but i dont think i should post here because (1) wrong place to post the things and (2) not enough evidence
    sorry for the delayed response too went out with the family
  7. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    The only way that SteamRep could ever help you with this is if you had the original chat agreement giving us (mods,admin) the chain of events that came before you contacted us with this issue. The chat agreement is the only precursor that we have to either prove or disprove your accusations.
  8. Keagle

Keagle New User

Steam:
    Alright thanks for the help, ill remember to ss trades more often