1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

This happened ages ago, and I don't know if it is unfair.

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by DieselBlue☆, May 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DieselBlue☆

DieselBlue☆ Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33173726
    I was marked for scammer because I impersonated a admin as a joke to see people react (pinktaco as he is well known and the server was named after him) me being a idiot as this was about 2 years ago roughly I have matured now. But, I was told that I can appeal to remove this if I could give proof I did not trade anyone however, the admin who banned me had no proof I traded either and I loooked in my trade history were the date I was banned and there was no trades in the time. I really don't know if I should try to appeal because when I tried to appeal I was banned from the forums and I knew nothing about how to find trade history then. Is it possible for me to appeal on here? And do I have a chance in saying the admin had no proof of scamming but banned me for scamming?

Links:
    History: http://steamcommunity.com/id/13488634599214390/inventoryhistory/?p=4
    Ban: http://manncotrading.com/sourcebans/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=Pink&Submit=#
    (The 12th one down: "PiNK T☆CO S Pgs 1-13")

Thanks for your time.
  2. DieselBlue☆

Steam:
    I have not impersonated anyone since either
  3. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

1. Appeal is done to the community of who the tag is, in your case you have a MCT tag, so you have to go to the MannCo Trading community. If they grand your appeal, they will tell SR to remove the tag.
    2. Appeals on SR are not done in the "general Discussions" area but in the appeals section.
    3. One can only view their own trade history, to show it to others, you have to make screenshots of it to show, only screens of within the steam client are acceptable.
    4. Only steam trades will end up in the history, not the in-game trades that where possible back then. So you cannot prove you didn't trade back then, only that they don't appear in your trade history.
    5. Offense is impersonation, no proof of scamming is really required for that, altho its added to it.

If you didn't appeal before, appeal now, shame you waited 2 years for that.
  4. DieselBlue☆

Steam:
    I am not trying to appeal I am just wondering if my argument is valid, when I did try to appeal on MCT I checked it and I was banned from the forums, I doubt I have much hope of getting rid of this tag. Is there anything you suggest I do?

Trade 2.png

========================================================================================= Trade 1.png
  5. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

when was that? No idea if that was fair in appeals.
  6. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    Read what DS said :)

You will never know if you do not appeal right?

Impersonation can range from a stupid joke to malicious with intent to scam and is always taken seriously by Admins in TF2. MCT Admins are some of the best around, well known and impersonated a lot.

If I were you, I would appeal, if as you say this occurred two years ago, and you have done nothing since, of course you have a chance they may take your appeal seriously. It is completely up to them of course, and there is no guarantee of success, but certainly you have nothing to lose by appealing to them. Just remember to state the facts as you see them, be honest, brief and be respectful.

Good luck.
  7. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

8. Penguin The Fluffy

Penguin The Fluffy Articus Birdicus Defenderus Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:10455403
    We gave him the due process on his appeal. It was denied. He then filed a second appeal being denied again. It was not until the third time that we banned him from our forums because he constantly filed appeals. I would also like to mention that MCT (using the SR API) has it set up so that scammers are able to log into the site but once they do so it blocks all boards EXCEPT for the appeals board.
    DataStorm likes this.
  9. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

thnx Fluffy, that clarifies a lot.
  10. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    This will be looked into internally,
    feel free to pm me on sr/sop or add me on steam if you would like to give your input.

/closed.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.