1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

What is an original tagged account and what does it mean? | other questions

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Autistic Chili Dog, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Autistic Chili Dog

Autistic Chili Dog Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:198241696
    I also have questions about the appealing part, so if I have appealed to a community a long time ago and they rejected it, does that mean I can't get steamrep unbanned because of that one community or do I just have to appeal to it?

Am I supposed to put the tags/communities I am banned from in the appeal?

What does original tagged account mean?

Please answer quickly.
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    This is the Guides section -I'm moving this to the General Forum section.

Either way the appeal of the original account means you log into HERE with the original account NOT on an alternate account and you make the appeal from THAT account.
    Making the appeal from an alternate linked account is not allowed per the appeal guidelines you were likely pointed to already a few times.

Sending PM's to staff about this isn't advisable either - so please do not PM me for information, I will not reply as the question you asked was already addressed here and only here.
  3. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    As you can see on your SteamRep profile, you are BANNED BY STEAMREP for scamming, but not by any other communities. Other communities may automatically honor the ban in our database, apparently resulting in additional "bans", but as far as we're concerned, those bans don't count when we decide where/how you can appeal.

The only time we'd redirect you to another community is if your SteamRep profile also said "BANNED BY ______", naming one of our partner communities. A server ban or website ban won't mean anything to us, whether it was issued because of your STEAMREP ban or for other behavior issues. You can see some examples here: https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/howto-appeal-banned-and-caution-reputation-tags.58/

P.S. I posted another explanation on appeal procedure you seemed confused about here since you were confused about the "original" account thing. Basically, your "original" account is the one you scammed from, and the one we tagged.
  4. Autistic Chili Dog

Steam:
    well, too late now, my appeal is invalid because I asked too many appeal questions.
  5. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Nope, I think you misunderstood. Read my explanation again:
    I don't know how else to explain this so you can understand. Asking "too many" questions had nothing to do with it, you need to log into the account you scammed from. You can't just plug any Steam ID into an appeal, from whichever account you feel like using at the moment and say you're appealing for that account. If the account you're appealing for doesn't match the account you logged in with, we aren't allowed to consider the appeal.

If you log into the forums from the right account - 76561198415618288 - you can still appeal the tag for that fake admin impersonation scam you committed on August 1st 2018. If you log in from any other account, you can't appeal for that particular incident, because it must be from the same account.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  6. Autistic Chili Dog

Steam:
  7. Autistic Chili Dog

Steam:
    Both that the alt and my main were banned at the same time, so if anything. My main would be the originally tagged above all else.
  8. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    I believe what Lava is trying to tell you is you are logged in here now with the account you asked the question and tried multiple appeal attempts.
    This one
    dog.jpg

STOP - Log out of this one - Log in with http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198415618288
    user.jpg

ONLY then once you log in with that account there can you submit an appeal for THAT account which is the MAIN account that was Banned/Tagged here.
    I hope that helps you understand. You can't submit an appeal from this account you used to make this question thread no matter how many times you try even if you note that other account - You MUST use that MAIN account noted above there that shows the scam reason/report on it to make the appeal.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.