1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Ask A SteamRep Staff Member

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Xenophobia, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Scooty Puff Jr.

Scooty Puff Jr. New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:34050552
    That is why we have #HireHelen. :D
  2. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

Should make that a greenlight :)
  3. Zyddie

Zyddie New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:23306550

And this is the reason to why we all like Helen.
  4. boogeyman™

boogeyman™ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:50638104
    I totally appreciate the work you do, as i have said it before. Your work is totally commendable. But my question, still remains unanswered, was why the reports which were filed recent to the pending ones done first? The links above are examples of that, they are no hijacks or anything.

I have seen your posts and do follow you in what you say and do Helen but despite of everything; emails + requests to do everything first, I believe you are a person who would agree that cases other then ones with priority should be reviewed in a queue? and not by what is on the first page first?

You are only one person doing this hard job, spending your hours keeping this community clean and all the commendable acts but again is that an excuse to do the reports on the front page first to the ones stagnated from months?
  5. Oz' dak1ne

Oz' dak1ne New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:11020111
    Helen, have a break :p rest a lil' c'mon. Dont listen to yelling kids.

Also I believe that impersonating reports are done quicker as people impersonating can scam others very easily and quickly.
  6. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

Impersonation reports are very easy to check, and therefore very easy to tag, without too much work in researching the trade, history, payments etc.
  7. Oz' dak1ne

Oz' dak1ne New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:11020111
    yeah obviously it's easier, and I often try to check my self for impersonators on steamcommunity XD
  8. kickbubblegum - forum

kickbubblegum - forum New User

My account (STEAM_0:1:41416565) has been hijacked. A few items in the buds range of value were in my backpack.

It's an issue I didn't see a guide for, as it's possible this site isn't the place to resolve it. But I'd better ask. I know the steam ID of one person involved (STEAM_0:1:63659995) and there's pretty clear evidence of what they're up to (http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/9385943). Is there anything I can do via SteamRep, or is Steam Support the only place I should do anything? Clearly I can't follow SteamRep guidelines and log in through Steam.

Any advice would be appreciated.
  9. Chaos

Chaos Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33058557
    This is not the place to get your account or items recovered. But if you have any information relating to the hijacker, it's great if you report it to help stop the sales of your stolen items.

If this is not the first time you've been hijacked, I'd take a seriously long look at your personal security. There are only so many times Steam Support will help you, after that, they will ignore your plea for help and you may never get your account back.

Be careful and good luck.
  10. kickbubblegum - forum

Thanks for the advice and wishes. Yes, I went to Valve Support before coming here.

My security is pretty strong, and I'm extremely cautious about various kinds of potential phishing and hacking attempts. It's the only time this sort of thing has got me in the last 10 years or so. Somewhat ironically, I was in the process of extracting the file in my archiver for the purpose of uploading it to VirusTotal, but I ran it from within the archiver instead. I was tired. Such is life.

Ok, I'll try to repost the information I have in a report, although I'm not sure how complete it will be. That person has made about 100 more posts on Outpost since last night.
  11. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

the user is banned, and all those posts have been perm-hidden.
  12. kickbubblegum - forum

Thanks. I've also posted my own separate report. It might be useful as a point of reference when it comes to dealing with the items that were traded away from my account.
  13. Evanescence

Evanescence New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:19459148
    There's someone who appealed (sometime ago) which got his appeal granted.

This appeal was granted despite all the evidence against the appealer.

He also explained only a part of his crime.

All the evidence were against him and he got his appeal granted.

Can a moderator who have control on this contact me in private? As looking at this, this is a serious issue for the credibility of Steamrep considering you granted the appeal despite all the proof, which can lead to someone making similar crime to have his appeal granted by referring to this appeal.

He got granted by a third-party mod, not a steamrep admin so it's look's even more that somethiung you should look at.
  14. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    Why would you ever want it changed, I thought you loved ponies?
  15. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    Well, that goes without saying, now doesn't it.
  16. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

pfff, there you go
  17. kickbubblegum - forum

Thanks for the previous answers to my question about my being hijacked, that helped me to make a detailed report.

There's another question I'd be grateful to have answered. Now that I found out to whom my hijacked unusuals were sold, should I be contacting the people who bought them to explain the situation, to avoid them passing through the trade cycle? If so, what should I say? Or should I ask an admin to do this on my behalf? Bear in mind that I haven't yet had my Steam account restored to me, so I'm not really in a position to ask for their return.
  18. Ferruccio

Ferruccio New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:56609625
    Hi Moderators !

I have a question, and indeed searched for it.

What to do with extreme lowballers ?
    They are not exactly scamming you see. Just buying something much lower than its reasonable price at somewhat the negligence of seller's knowledge about its value.

I just remembered of my first trade in tf2 (when i was pretty much still a newbie aka f2p). Got ripped off for my Ellis cap, quite hilarious but I'm sure others have had the misfortune of letting go the Ellis cap too early to replace for some weapons for better practical use.

(((Another question also, how do we actually get a person's steam personal id before/during/after a trade ? )))

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Matt-ttaM

[​IMG]As shown in the picture, it was my first trade of inexperience. I was thinking boi, kewl weapons for 1 hat ! ;D

((and matt btw is a 3000-hour-player))

anything I should do about it, is there anyway it can improve integrity of traders ? Well, do let me know !
    Cheerio !
  19. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

before trading:
    - Click on their name in the chat to go to their profile
    During trading:
    - click on their avatar in the trade window to go to their profile
    After trading:
    - Go to your trade history and click on their name in the trade log to go to their profile.

once on the profile, copy the link of that profile and paste it in SR's Search box and press "Enter"

below the general profile, you will get a SR id block looking like:
    [​IMG]

|steamID: Zulu<OneManCheesebugahApocalypse
    |steamID32: STEAM_0:0:56609625 <<<=============================================
    |steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198073484978 <<<=============================================
    |customURL:
    |steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198073484978

on Lowballers, ignore.
  20. Scootalove

Scootalove New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:38119216
    What should I do if I encounter a speed hacker and Steam support won't help?