1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Archived Report: 76561197963653930 - ([DOTA2] Dota2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by PEEFsmash, Jul 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PEEFsmash

PEEFsmash New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46953301
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Gambling] Fake gambling website
    Virtual item type involved: [DOTA2] Dota2 Items

Accused profile: 76561197963653930

Victim profile: 76561198054172331

What happened? Description:
    Gambling site scam, very straightforward. Added me out of nowhere. I wanted to figure out where he added me from since many scammers are contacting me, got some weird answers. Anyway, screenshot tells the tale.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. PEEFsmash

PEEFsmash New User

Steam:
    Okay well this is the exact same thing I did for the last one just like this and it was accepted. Here's the whole monitor screenshot if you want, and a screenshot of the profile

upload_2017-7-16_1-53-9.png upload_2017-7-16_1-54-51.png
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Thanks - issue is I can't confirm you were ever friends with this exact user by SteamID - all I see is a chat box with a name and profile image. Need to verify this and you can do that with a screenshot of your friend/user activity thru a web browser - when you take this and it shows you adding the user hover your mouse pointer over the users name so it shows the popup of the profile. Make sure you open this in a web browser before doing anything rather than steam client. Take the screenshot and make sure it's Full Screen and make sure steam client URL is enabled, not edited or cropped in any way! Upload HEREā€¦NOT imgur, NOT gyazo or any other 3rd party hosting site!

Review this screenshot guide to help you:

https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/
  4. PEEFsmash

PEEFsmash New User

Steam:
    The hoops you're making me jump through here is legitimately a deterrent from me reporting anymore. This is a run-of-the-mill report on a kind of scam i get all the time, I thought I was doing a service for ya'll and the community. The last one I reported needed none of this. I've got another person trying to scam me right now but I guess I'll just keep it to myself because I really don't have an hour every day to jump through all of these hoops.

upload_2017-7-16_13-5-46.png
  5. PEEFsmash

PEEFsmash New User

Steam:
    By the way, the person doesn't show up on my friend activity at all, which means your method of verifying he was my friend doesn't even work.
  6. PEEFsmash

PEEFsmash New User

Steam:
    Is this enough? lol

7. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    I didn't ask for videos - I asked for a certain screenshot which you can't provide so I'm unable to review this report.
    The other report showed you were in contact with that other user which worked great - next time keep to that process.
    This report is to be archived as we can't verify you and this user were ever in contact.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.