1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Accepted Report: 76561197969080436 (Chronic-The-DeadHog)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by - Mr. Tiger, Mar 9, 2012.

1. - Mr. Tiger

- Mr. Tiger New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:9528258
    Victim
    steamID: - Mr. Tiger
    steamID32: STEAM_0:0:9528258 s
    teamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197979322244
    customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/dwatiger
    steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/index.php?id=76561197979322244

Scammer:
    steamID: Chronic-The-DeadHog
    steamID32: STEAM_0:0:4407354
    steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969080436
    customURL:
    steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/index.php?id=76561197969080436

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This guy added me from seeing my trade on tf2outpost.com. I had a trade up where I sold earbuds for 38$ USD each. (http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/875751) We traded the first bud first, because that is what he had wanted. He sent me 38$ AUD, and I told him that he was missing 0.53$ (conversion to USD rates). He sent me 1.00$ USD after that, and told me he wanted to buy 2 more earbuds after it. He sent me 75.53$ USD. He paid an extra 0.47$ from the dollar earlier. I sent the buds immediately after I had received the money. I sent the first bud after I received the the total 38$ USD, and the second and third after. Several hours, he "chargebacked", even though in the paypal note, he left behind said: "This is a payment for 2 earbuds from the game, 'Team Fortress 2'. This is not a tangible good, and therefore all sales are final due to the nature of the transaction. I, Thomas Ewing agree to these terms." I have proof that I sent him the buds. I will now post it here for you to see.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. HelenAngel

HelenAngel Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:8627755
    Can you please post the email address he used for Paypal? Also, please note that he was already tagged as a scammer from one of our affiliates. Always remember to check SteamRep before you trade- you can search by Paypal email as well. Thank you! :)
  3. - Mr. Tiger

- Mr. Tiger New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:9528258
  4. HelenAngel

HelenAngel Retired Staff

Steam:
    Fantastic- he's marked and added his paypal email. Thanks so much for the additional info and the report! :)
  5. Gold Digger

Gold Digger New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:43391866
  6. daemon

daemon Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:26049181
  7. Gold Digger

Gold Digger New User

Steam:
    All of his item share the same ID with his original ban account and second ban account. Seems like he created as soon as his 2nd one got marked.
  8. TF2_TRADESTA

TF2_TRADESTA New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49908911
    Hey guys!!,

I didnt even know this fourm existed!!!!!

I am flagged as a scammer and I am not at all. Please let me explain.

My name is Weini Winslow, I have been researching the internet and found that a free to play game has such expensive in game items, i was fasinated because ever since a child i loved video games.
    Let me get to the point,

My friends boyfriend called "quincey jones" on steam introduced me to chronic the deadhog through tomsbeast.

at the time I was brand new to trading and didnt realise he was a scammer. He told me about pricechecking so i checked ALL of his unusuals + some other of his items.

He said he was not playing anymore because he wanted to quit. He sold me his entire account for 850nzd(mind you he made sure he showed me the links with the highest prices). I thought it was a bargan and i have proof to show that i deposited the money into his account.

Once i learnt about the tradeposts i started trading. People dont want to trade with me becasue they show me links back to here.

I am here to clear my name, please please help me.

this is my facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/weini.trainy

all i wanted to do was get into tf2 trading and this character has aparently screwed me over tooo.

please help me
  9. HelenAngel

HelenAngel Retired Staff

Steam:
    Hi Weini!
    You might want to have a serious talk with your boyfriend as he's the scammer that's listed above- Thomas Ewing.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  10. TF2_TRADESTA

TF2_TRADESTA New User

Steam:
    Hellen I have,

he told me it was quincy jones who was the scammer,
    since reading this thread i have then confronted him with this information. he has NO right to take anything. He has told me he just tryed to get a refund after obtaining the items, what a joke
    He is absolutely ashamed of himself and has forced him to never ever play tf2 again,

but hellen i am a legitimate tf2 player, i have always loved the characterisation of tf2. and now I put my boyfriend to shame because i am doing whats right.

Get back to me,

Weini
  11. TF2_TRADESTA

TF2_TRADESTA New User

Steam:
    I actually had no idea what his name was or who was who but i thought it was a bit fishy when the person who traded me was called tomsbeast
  12. Noobinator

Noobinator Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:12759940
    Tradesta,
    You can always appeal your tag in the appeal section. I would ask that you are patient if you decide to as we have a bit of a backlog right now though.
    Thx
  13. HelenAngel

HelenAngel Retired Staff

Steam:
    Weini,
    I agree with what Noobinator said above, you definitely want to submit an appeal. Look at this post: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/howto-appeal-scammer-and-caution-reputation-tags.58/ and then make a post like how it says and post it in the same forum. You can link to this thread here that shows a lot of stuff that you've already written so you don't have to write it twice. :) Also, make your boyfriend sleep on the couch for putting your reputation at risk! ;) I don't handle appeals but the admins who do are nice & fair. Best of luck to you! :)
    -Helen :)
  14. Gold Digger

Gold Digger New User

Steam:
    Hi.

First of, if you are indeed not related to Tomisbeast and Chronic, then i do apologize. Just what you said in your profile http://i.imgur.com/pIWsL.png lead me to believe that you're no stranger to the treading scene and not as new as your 4 day old account (3 on the date of my post) makes you to be. Plus it seemed kinda sketchy that the whole contents of the bag was moved first on the first day of this post to an alt account then to you around the time Tomisbeast got marked. (Im assuming Tomisbeast got marked after chronic since Tomisbeast's infraction is linked as alt to Chronic) But its true that i didn't think of the possibility that you had purchase a whole backpack ,just it was pretty much clouded by the fact that the account was 3-4 days old and it didn't cross my mind that someone so fresh in the game would buy or somehow obtain hundreds of dollars worth of items in that short period of time.
    Plus you also added me and asked to buy a Golden Wrench from me,which i'm afraid i don't have physical proof of you asking since i didnt SS, (Even tho i don't have one and im pretty sure you got mixed up since i have Gold in my name), which also kinda lead me to believe that you're no newbie since i know that not alot, even among players who have played longer then you, know the existance of a golden wrench.

Second, from your defense, it seems like Quincy Jones,Chronic and Tomisbeast are the same person and Quincy Jones should be the marked scammer and not you.

And again i do apologize if i wrongly accused you. If like you said you had a sales receipt proof i think that's some solid evidence.

P.S. If Quincy is infact the scammer i would have a talk with him because he used your boyfriends identifications so it's Identity Theft which is punishable by law in New Zealand. Im not trying to throw anyone under the boat or anything but seems pretty stupid to go to jail or have a criminal record over 75$.
  15. Ðiego™

Ðiego™ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:8988868
  16. TF2_TRADESTA

TF2_TRADESTA New User

Steam:
    Guys,

i FULLY FULLY see where you are coming from.

but anyhow, im not sure if quincy jones is tomsbeast.
    He has been telling pork pies and helen just for your information he slept in the car for screwing me around. no couch for him :D till hes good.
    i thinks toms is just tomsbeast and chronic.

aparently quincy is now some other friend geezus i wish he told me from the start.

im here to clear all of this up just like you guys.

we will sort this out you guys i can be patient
  17. TF2_TRADESTA

TF2_TRADESTA New User

Steam:
  18. IM ACTUALLY A CRATE

IM ACTUALLY A CRATE New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41676800
    [​IMG]

TF2_tradesta is tombeast/chronic deadhog. What a ridiculous story to make up to avoid a mark.

TF2TP logs showing them on the same IP: [​IMG]