1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198018767778 - (BABY PANDA EGG / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Hards, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Hards

Hards Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:29251025
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198018767778 (BABY PANDA EGG)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Process] Mistake - Admin misunderstood evidence or made a mistake
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    | steamname: Duck.
    | steam3ID: [U:1:129352645]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:64676322
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198089618373
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/duckflavour
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198089618373

Appeal description:
    I am banned for " Attempted Trust Scam: https://forums.steamrep.com/threads...5096-shaft__-tf2-team-fortress-2-items.61327/ "

In the screenshots I am "david "virtual paint" dickinson"

My friend "`shaft__" asked me to vouch for him a for a trade he was doing, I was happy to vouch for him since I had done trades with him in the past and we had been steam friends for a long time, the first 3 chat screenshots are clearly a scam but I wasn't in the chat to see any of this, when I am added I say a greeting and then:

"ye these guys are trustworthy as f✿✿✿
    takes it from me mate
    im a big shot"

That is my only contribution to the chat before i'm called a scammer, i was joking around with the big shot part but I did genuinely believe 'shaft__ was trustworthy. I don't see how this means I attempted a trust scam, 'shaft__ told him about "trade bugs" before I was in the chat therefore I had no way of knowing a scam was unfolding and I never commented on them.

I did purchase items from him, but there was no open steamrep reports on him at the time so I had no reason to think this was a bad idea.

Finally, in the original scam report 'shaft__ admits that I had nothing to do with the scam:

"my friends who i was trying to get to help me needed as much sick sales techniques thrown down on them to believe my web of lies as the mark. they are innocent, "

This happened so long ago i'm not sure what screenshot proof I could provide that wasn't already available in the original report.​

Attached Files:

2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    After reviewing the report, I am going to leave this processing as a regular SR appeal and not a mistake on the accepting admins part.
  3. You Are The One

Steam:
    After further review of the chat that you do not dispute as genuine, you are incorrect in saying you were not on when Shaft said he needed a middleman due to "bugged/glitched trading". Furthermore, you had no comment or reaction to Shaft when he admits in chat he is attempting to scam/scamming and has scammed others. It does not appear your reaction at the time matches with what you said in this appeal. Can you please explain/clarify these discrepancies? Two weeks notice will be given to followup.
  4. Hards

Hards Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:29251025
    After I joined all shaft said was "i told him how trade bugs or w/e" That's a pretty vague statement to me and I wasn't really invested or caring about the trade at all, my friend asked me to vouch for him and sometimes trades DO bug, not in a way that would require a middleman but I simply wasn't invested in the chat.

I had been called a scammer for offering 80% quick buy prices 1000 times before so when I get called a scammer for joining a chat I missed 90% of I didn't take it seriously at all. I also didn't think shaft was being serious either, claiming to have scammed 5 buds and everything else that happened in the chat was exactly the type of humor I enjoyed 5 years ago and I was entirely desensitized to scammer accusations.

When I read the first 3 screenshot chats in the original report, which I was not apart of, it was immediately obvious to me it was a scam, but I didn't have that knowledge until it was too late and the report was posted.
  5. You Are The One

Steam:
    You expressly vouched for your friend and the fake middleman. What was your relationship with the fake middleman?

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  6. You Are The One

Steam:
    After a review, I am going to side with the original admins judgement as their is not enough to overturn the tag as most everything provides points to you being complicit.

Appeal denied.