1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Invalid Appeal: 76561198032564188 - (kz / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by scarra, Aug 31, 2021.

1. scarra

scarra Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36149230
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198032564188 (kz)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, but I will repay. I need help finding the victim(s)
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    None.​

Appeal description:
    Dear SteamRep admins,

I committed the offence 3620 days ago since writing this appeal post. That was over 10 years ago, when I was only 12 years old. The nature of the scam was a spycrab game, and I lost and I was devastated and didn't pay the 3 hats worth like 6 ref total at the time. And now since trying to restart trading in TF2, it is basically impossible being a marked scammer.

I hope that you can agree that this small scam over 10 years ago does not reflect my true nature, as I was only a dumb and impressionable kid in a world where hats were the new flashy thing. I have matured significantly over the past 10 years and am reading to move past this and begin trading properly again.

I have attempted to contact the victim to repay, even repay with 10x the original amount I scammed him. I attempted to find the forum post the victim posted to report me but I couldn't find it. I would love to track down the victim and repay more than the original amount I scammed as a thanks and apology.

I have no photos to submit given that it occurred 10 years ago. I did commit the offence, but it was over literal pennies on the dollar which were huge to me as a kid. Again, I would love to repay much more than the original amount scammed as an apology. I looked for about 30 minutes for any contact information for the victim but I couldn't find it.

I hope you take the time long ago, my maturation and all else considered into consideration. I am happy to answer any questions you may have.

Thank you.​
  2. scarra

scarra Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36149230
    SIDENOTE: I have also thought about contacting reddit but given that it occurred 10 years ago in one of the most low-profile scams ever, I doubt the new admins of r/tf2trade would even REMOTELY remember this. It occurred one day in 5 minutes on a reddit trade plaza trade server.
  3. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663