1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198065813459 - (NitroDexXRL / SR CAUTION)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Captain David Jackel, Jan 24, 2022.

1. Captain David Jackel

Captain David Jackel Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52773865
    Appeal for SR CAUTION

Steam profile: 76561198065813459 (NitroDexXRL)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Policy Change] The offense is no longer applicable under current policies. [POLCH1]
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: Yes, I appealed here before and it was denied.

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    76561198066751324​

Appeal description:
    So I got a caution tag 8 years ago for trading gifted earbuds as normal earbuds which I admit to doing when I was 15, I am now 23 and wish to have another chance at having a completely normal trading career without anyone questioning why I have a caution tag.

And technically gift tags can be cleaned off so I guess it doesn't even matter anymore. thank you for your time and I hope this gets approved​
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    You selected policy change for your appeal reason. I cant seem to find what policy change nor did you cite what policy change you are appealing under.
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2022
  3. Captain David Jackel

Steam:
    Oh I meant like how gift text can be wiped now, but in general I am just asking for my caution to be removed since it was 8 years ago when I was 15, I am now 23 and wish for a chance at a clean slate
  4. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    So you have no policy reason for consideration of your appeal?

Also, time tagged is not a reason for consideration of an appeal. Tags are permanent by design.
  5. Captain David Jackel

Steam:
    Alright well there is a option of appeal to ask for forgiveness and that will never scam again( Using deceptive trading tactics) in my case. This is what I am appealing for, I have had a clean and positive trading record for 8 years now. I wish to have some consideration for removing my caution tag. I have nothing else to really show I was young and dumb back than but now I am a 23 year old adult that wishes for a clean slate
  6. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    Hello,
    Can you explain the following chat conversation you had with one of the victims, and why you conditioned repayment of the earbuds on removal of the report?

Attached Files:

7. Captain David Jackel

Steam:
    I have no memory of what happen considering it was 8 years ago. but I am pretty sure I gave the gifted buds back to the guy and asked Strife to take down his steamrep post about me. basically another guy scammed me and gave me gifted buds when they were consider dirty, I panicked and did the same thing, I admit to my wrong doing back than and I am asking after 8 years for forgiveness
  8. Roudydogg1

SteamRep Admin:
  9. Captain David Jackel

Steam:
    took alot of clicking to get this history but yes here is me trading back the gifted earbuds for normal earbuds, and I added a picture of the guy murtsa who traded me the gifted earbuds in the first place

Attached Files:

10. Roudydogg1

SteamRep Admin:
    Is that for the entire month of May 2013?
  11. Captain David Jackel

Steam:
    there is alot of trades

Attached Files:

12. Captain David Jackel

Steam:
    more

Attached Files:

13. Captain David Jackel

Steam:
    more

Attached Files:

14. Captain David Jackel

Steam:
    last few

Attached Files:

15. Roudydogg1

SteamRep Admin:
    After a review, I will be unable to accept this appeal, as a caution tag is still warranted in this case.
    There's 2 reports against you which indicates you attempted this on multiple people. Repayment to one of the users was apparently only because you were caught/reported/ and wanted the reports to go away (per the chat conversation I linked above). In addition, wanting to be unmarked simply to avoid questioning by other traders is not a sufficient appeal reason; you did something wrong and other users have a right to see that when considering weather to deal with you.
    As for the selected appeal reason: I can see no policy change that applies to your tag.

This appeal is thus rejected.
    I hope you continue to keep your clean slate and to remain honest in your trading.
    Regards.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**