1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected 76561197989557677 Koblizek (SR Scammer)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Koblizek, Oct 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Koblizek

Koblizek New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:14645974
    |steamID: Koblizek - S> Keys 1.30$ Each
    |steamID32: STEAM_0:1:14645974
    |steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197989557677
    |customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Koblizek
    |steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561197989557677

Heya,

I got recently marked for "Trading with obvious scammer alt accounts". I want to appeal my tag, because I don't agree with that. I found Ziggy guy on Outpost (www.tf2outpost.com/user/49396. I saw he had P. Energy TC and Burning BB (Which he sold) so I added him. Of course I checked him on SteamRep, becuase I have Caution Tag and I can't trade with scammers. He was clean. He was banned on Outpost for having a private backpack but that doesn't make him an "obvious scammer", I know people with private backpacks who are 100% fair. He had been banned for 6 months, but still not marked. So I thought there's nothing wrong. Next day he accepted my invite and told me that he wants 21 Buds for his PE TC. I didn't have enough to buy it that day, so I collected some more. Next day, I told him I have enough and we traded. Same day, I put my new TC on Outpost and I went to sleep. But what I don't see today? I got marked. I was surprised. I checked him afterall and didn't even think he could be scammer and I could get marked for this. Thanks for your time.
  2. AcesGamer

AcesGamer User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:19877328
    His only two unusuals were hijacked from Mattie, he has and has always had a private profile, and only 1 login to outpost with 1 trade.

What part of you thought that this person was "perfectly legit".
  3. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    Let's see here...
    • Has one trade.
    • Two expensive unusuals.
    • Both come from Mattie when he was hijacked.
    • Guy has a private profile.
    Can't get much more obvious that that.
  4. Koblizek

Koblizek New User

Steam:
    Well, as I said, this guy had Mattie's TC for 6 months. I thought something like "Mh, he has Mattie's TC for 6 months. Is he marked? He isn't. Hm, 6 months is enough time to him, so it's ok". I didn't know that they were stolen from Mattie, I don't track every trade Mattie does nor every time he gets scammed or hijacked. I thought they legitimately traded and ziggy made his profile private to avoid adds (he may have wanted to keep the hats)
    BrilliantBill and AF2 | SPIRIT like this.
  5. BrilliantBill

BrilliantBill New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42118316
    Has one trade.
    -A player doesn't need to have more than one trade on outpost in order to be legit, a lot of traders were successful without relying on it.

Two expensive unusuals.
    So? People can't have sexy unusuals because they don't use your website?

Both come from Mattie when he was hijackedSomeone has a hat which was held onto for 6th months, not marked on steamrep; given that, it would be slightly random to assume that it was a scammer alt, I mean wouldn't someone with a uncleanly-obtained hat want to get rid of quickly? Perhaps it is logical to say that it was a scammer alt, but then who's job is it to mark the alts? Besides, why would Koblizek want to track down everything related to Mattie anyways?

Guy has a private profile.
    Probably the only scammer-showing-clue here.

Of course, all those comments apply if every information provided is true..
    Koblizek likes this.
  6. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    Are you kidding, all of those in combination with the private profile is a dead giveaway that he's a scammer alt.
    If someone puts up their first trade on Outpost having 2 high tier unusuals, how can you not think it's a scammer?

[​IMG]

Private profile, generic scammer avatar, no name history. Obviously a fence or a scammed item storage account.
  7. Koblizek

Koblizek New User

Steam:
    Oh, so how come he wasn't marked for 6 months? If he was so obvious alt, why he wasn't marked? How could I knew that Mattie won't mark his hijacker? I didn't know that Mattie won't mark HIS OWN hijacker. When I got hiacked, I immediatly reported my hijacker. SR Admin didn't. Everything I thought was that Mattie, SR Admin, would mark his hijacker. When I saw Mattie's name in history, it wasn't weird, because he wasn't marked.
  8. AcesGamer

AcesGamer User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:19877328
    Most likely because the hijacker traded it to this shell account which was inactive for 6 months.
  9. Koblizek

Koblizek New User

Steam:
    It was on TF2 Items History though...
  10. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    So, getting away with it for a long time equals invalidation of your crimes? Not even.
  11. Koblizek

Koblizek New User

Steam:
    No. But random user could think that SR Admin would mark him after 6 months. I thought that and that's why I traded with him.
  12. BrilliantBill

BrilliantBill New User

Steam:
    Why do you think people have to have a lot of trades on Outpost in order to be legitimate? People don't-- oh wait, you're an outpost admin.
  13. [Party Rockers] Boredom

[Party Rockers] Boredom New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46199600
    Talking s✿✿✿ about the TF2OP Admins won't help your appeal or this appeal.
  14. Koblizek

Koblizek New User

Steam:
    What wrong did he actually say?
  15. BrilliantBill

BrilliantBill New User

Steam:

I don't know why you had an idea that I posted those comments for the reason of HELPING an appeal or my own.
  16. Thomas Matthias

Thomas Matthias Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36213483
    More information

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  17. Koblizek

Koblizek New User

Steam:
    There isn't any more info
  18. Thomas Matthias

Steam:
    @Koblizek

Please provide a picture of your inventory history showing the trade in question. Please take a picture of the entire Steam window. Do not crop it. Feel free to hide your account name.

Also, please disclose (provide SteamID64) all other accounts belonging to you and all that can be linked to you, even if not yours (brother/girlfriend/sister/mother/dog/fish).
  19. Koblizek

Koblizek New User

Steam:

Attached Files:

20. Thomas Matthias

Steam:
    @Koblizek

The picture that you provided does not really correspond with the description that you provided in the opening post. Can you please explain that?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.