1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Rejected 76561198017615419 ZenonXSlider (SOP Scammer)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by ZenonXSlider, Jan 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZenonXSlider

ZenonXSlider New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:28674845
    Hello, I am here to tell you that I have farmed some rep but got banned in the process. Please give me a second chance and if I do scam again then I will accept a perma ban. I loved using tf2 trading sites and trading with traders but they hesitate before trading with me. I am just asking for a second chance. Good day!

ZenonXSlider :D
  2. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182
  3. ZenonXSlider

ZenonXSlider New User

Steam:
  4. SudasGalva

SudasGalva New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41774078
    Under the SteamRep FAQ, you may receive a 'scammer' tag if you are found guilty of "providing or soliciting fake reputation claims (fake rep)". SteamRep also doesn't have the power to hand down permanent bans, and you have claimed to have both never scammed anyone and that you will accept a perma-ban "...if I do scam again."
  5. ZenonXSlider

ZenonXSlider New User

Steam:
    Yeah I have never scammed anyone but tried to farm fake rep and failed. I will accept an auto perma ban if i do scam again...
  6. SudasGalva

SudasGalva New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41774078
    I understand that, but it is still an action that warrants a 'scammer' tag under the SteamRep rules as you were using dishonest means to create a false sense of trust for potential future traders. Also, as I said, SteamRep does not have the means to ban people from accessing trade servers or Steam; your punishment is the tag. This appeals section is for those who believe they were wrongly tagged, so second chances based on a change of heart are not really given, especially since you have admitted you are guilty. However, I must reiterate that I am not a SteamRep staff member, so I have no say in the final decision.
  7. Skyrider

Skyrider Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:11715230
    I am a little confused and suspicious that you used 2 alts (newly created steam accounts) in order to receive the fake reputation rather than your main steam account. I believe it was your intention not to get caught at all.
  8. ZenonXSlider

ZenonXSlider New User

Steam:
    Yeah it was a stupid idea. I promise that I will not try to farm rep again and if i do you can perma ban me...
  9. ZenonXSlider

ZenonXSlider New User

Steam:
    Skyrider, when will I be notified when i will be banned or pardoned?
  10. Skyrider

Skyrider Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:11715230
    Usually it takes up some time before new appeals are being worked on. But seeing I tagged you myself and knowing the reasoning behind it, it's an easy call for me. Besides the improper format of your SteamREP appeal (See Here) you've attempted to farm rep on purpose, and if I (or anyone else for that matter) didn't find out about it you would have continued to do so. Not only you have been caught, you attempted to get away with it through alt accounts.

As such, you'll keep your tag for the next 9 months. After that, you can attempt to make a re-appeal.

I'm sorry, but you really should think twice before doing stuff like this. You'll do more harm, than good.

Regards,
    Skyrider
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.