1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected 76561198018613757 Kemba Walker (SOP Scammer)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Kemba Walker, Feb 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kemba Walker

Kemba Walker New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:29174014
    steamID: Kevin's World Excellent
    steamID32: STEAM_0:1:29174014
    steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198018613757
    customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/WargenFreeman
    steamrepURL: http://www.steamrep.com/index.php?id=76561198018613757

Hello, my name is Kemba Walker and yes I have scammed once before and there is proof of me admitting to it. I now understand what it truly means and feels like to be scammed since it happened to me the other day. The reason I am marked as a scammer is because I scammed ONCE with a friend before for a guys whole backpack and my friend took most of the valuable stuff worth 3-4 buds while I took scraps worth around a bills. I have admitted this to a SOP User Aerius and asked for him to assist me as I was excited and wanted to experience it more. Now I realize how horrible it is to truly be a scammer. I haven't scammed for about 2 months now and this tag has been haunting me ever since.

The reason I finally want to get this appeal is because little more than 2 days ago I got scammed by someone who quick swithched me as I offered him about 1.5 buds worth and after I felt horrible and just broken. I realized shortly after that that is exactly how the person who scammed me felt and now I honestly feel horrible since others around me have been getting scammed and yet I scammed one person myself. Even though what I stole wasn't much, it was still a felony to the TF2 Trading Community. To add on to the fact of my guilt and my experience, I've been taunted over and over again by people for just having this tag and I've also been banned from many of my favorite servers such as Pink Taco's Unusual Trading Server and now that I look back on what I have done, I realize how bad it actually was.

All I ask from return from the SourceOp and SteamRep community is for my apology to be accepted and not even for the scammer tag to be removed but rather how I could work my way back for it to get removed. I know what I have done is bad and now I realize that it is an on going problem and now I want to join the forces of SteamRep myself and try and fend of scammers who try and ruin the fun of what the TF2 Trading Community is really supposed to be all about.

Thank you for anyone that actually read all this and I hope I can get even the slightest of help yet again from the SteamRep and SourceOp community.
  2. Kemba Walker

Kemba Walker New User

Steam:
    Also my friends name is BrockB360. He is already Trade Banned and he is a renowned scammer in the TF2 Community.
  3. Kemba Walker

Kemba Walker New User

Steam:
    Can't seem to find an edit button so I'll add a little so we don't get a misunderstanding.

I don't want to make it seem like Brock is the bigger criminal and that I was just in the wrong place and at the wrong time. I have committed this crime and I don't want people to think that I am trying to use as a scapegoat but I am rather trying to repeat the exact situation I was in word for word and piece by piece from what I remember.
  4. polyvore

polyvore Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41853675
    The fact that you are calling Brock a 'renowned scammer' explains how sad this appeal is. Even while recognizing the faults of scammers, you still have a scammer on your friends list. In addition, up to yesterday, Brock was still on your friendslist. Apologies for your loss, but it is a derivative of the company you keep.

The screenshots in no way show you being in the 'wrong place and at the wrong time.' Scamming is not something to be proud of, and you have learned the consequences. However, I cannot in good conscience unmark you - SR exists to show a user's history and your's is clear. This doesn't look like a legit group either, eh? http://steamcommunity.com/groups/theheistofproshit

Thank you for being the bigger man and owning up to your prior mistakes, but appeal denied.
  5. Kemba Walker

Kemba Walker New User

Steam:
    That is a group me and my friends made up that we made as a joke. These are all my friends I talk to everyday on skype with. We were thinking of making a trailer for a Saxxy using the replay system and the group would be called The Heist of Proshit or if Proshit isn't allowed then we would change it to Little Tortilla Boy.

It ISN'T a legit group since we were just kidding around. :/ Why does everything have to be business and no fun nowadays? When did people become zombies to the world. Ughh, I miss the 80's.
  6. Kemba Walker

Kemba Walker New User

Steam:
    When did people become zombies in society* Fixed.
  7. Kemba Walker

Kemba Walker New User

Steam:
    Also. How is it sad that calling Brock a renowned scammer sad of an appeal? Yes I talk to him on skype and he has been caught by SOO many people in the TF2 world. Everyday I tell him on skype to stop scamming but yet he does it constantly without stop.

Brock has been caught by so many people who he imporsenated by the people he was imporsenating himself.
    Dmtdude and Atom are two people who are people I remember straight off the top of my head.
  8. Starburst

Starburst New User

working with a well known scammer,
    asking for help for future partners to scam with,
    involved in scams,

no wonder polyvore denied your appeal, I also back his judgement.
  9. Kemba Walker

Kemba Walker New User

Steam:
    Worked once.
    Asked once right after first scam since excited from the first one. Led me to this tag.
    Involved in one scam that ended it all for me.

GLaD0S do you have proof I have been in more than one scam?
    No and that is because I only scammed once on my behalf I feel you can't just assume since they did it once.

Did that kid smoke weed once? Yes. Did he like it? No. So why assume that kid will keep on doing it?
  10. Starburst

Starburst New User

?!?!?!?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.