1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted 76561198031703034 bomberman168 (SR Scammer)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by bomberman168, Jul 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. atom-

atom- Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:19172005
    You're still on my friends list.

Send me a message when you see me online.
  2. bomberman168

bomberman168 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:35718653
    I put a message on your account, lets try and find a time and date that works for both of us and try and talk. I will be pretty free this week so it shouldn't be too hard to find a time.

anywho hope to hear from you soon: bomberman168
  3. atom-

atom- Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    It is fine, I have actually have all I need to make a decision.

A judgement will be made very soon.
  4. EPIC DJ MAN

EPIC DJ MAN New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:51687583
    Hi guys, I am sorry to tell you this, but bomberman168 is a scammer, one day I was on a trade server, and i traded him, i wanted to get an unusual, i traded him a strange widow, a strange holiday, a strange festive mackerel, a dirty summer hat, a dirty flip flops, and a dirty lucky no. 42. I had no idea about unusual pricing, and he offered the nano for my stuff he obviously knew i had no idea about unusual prices. He did not warn me that I was overpaying, he just went right ahead and accepted the trade in total once i averaged out the prices a found that i had payed 44 keys for a 26 key hat. I had also friended him after the trade, he claims that he said i overpayed afterwards, although i had left the server when he said that, i believe he is also lying about telling me, because he made no effort to tell me when he could have at any time after being on my friends list for about 3-4 weeks. On his outpost threads you can look for a trade where he claims that he frequently trades with a guy named waffles here is the link http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/1965084 after contacting waffles i found that waffles hates bomberman168, and that bomberman168 had scammed waffles. In the end bomberman168 is a flat out liar, cheater, scammer, sharker, and a very bad tf2 friend, and player. You can ask waffles about this whole situation so that you have another witness of these incedents.
    Thank You for your time, and I hope you can do the right thing.
  5. bomberman168

bomberman168 New User

Steam:
    Hello, I am hear to give more info into this because, well your only hearing one side of the story. DJ and I met in a trade server he said he was selling a complete summer set, I asked if he would take unusuals as payment, he agreed. we traded I first off, offered him a logo buckaroos or a logo Mongolian. This seemed fair because all through outpost they were going for about 8-12 keys per. he priced them at roughly 42 keys for the set. so he turned down those offers, I then ask if he would take a steaming nano for his set and the extra items he put up ( S widow maker, S holiday punch and a S F holy mackerel). he agreed, I asked in trade if he was sure and he said yes. afterwards people said he overpaid, I agreed and said that I asked him to be sure in trade. after I disclosed I only paid 18 keys for it from a guy quick-selling it.

Now lets fast forward to today, starts our conversation with I"m a scammer, saying I"ve scammed a lot of people. I say excuse me and says how im banned on bp.tf, I say yeah im marked because I was told my trading buddy was cashing out the unusuals we had and once I got them back I went offline for three days, this was in response to him asking how did your backpack go from 45-650 dollars. I showed him the trade where items I had were traded back and forth A LOT between me and my friends. so after showing him I haven't scammed and to stop assuming so to please lay off. he then goes on about how I should cover the difference between the blogspot tf2 items spreadsheet and what he valued my nano from bp.tf which was really not called for. I say no because of him 1 starting a conversation rudely and calling me a scammer 2 he was happy and accepting before we did the trade and 3 by regretting a trade a week after it was done.

Now here I am having to defend "my honor" and prove that I am not a scammer only a person playing a game having fun and trying to earn some extra cash for when he moves out in a month. Below you can find a pastebin file of our conversation as I was to lazy to do an imgur and hope that we can brush this aside and deal with handling my appeal.

http://pastebin.com/Tuj4jwkY

Sincerely bomberman168
  6. bomberman168

bomberman168 New User

Steam:
    I felt like I should add this, in our conversation he stated he didn't know unusual pricing yet look what he traded up with in the course of 1-2 weeks
    http://www.tf2items.com/item/1425565761
    also had some strange festive as well.

First thing about posting information on a site like this, is not to lie, yet he had the ability to trade up knowing prices and having of items and unusuals.
  7. atom-

atom- Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    I have made a decision. EPIC DJ MAN's allegations have no bearing here.

This is a messy case as it resulted from a trust based agreement between the parties. No clear agreement had been screenshotted but between the parties, the nature of the agreement appears to be the same. To simplify for the purposes of a decision, this agreement involved exchanging a large amount of unusuals between the two individuals, where one would hold it for a period of time. Especially on the internet, the faith the two parties have in each other is critical. Usually these cases turn into a 'word against word' situation but I have made my decision based on what also hasn't been said. I have also included waffles (third party) but his involvement has a lesser bearing here.

Usually in appeals, items must first be returned to the victim. The appellant had deleted and blocked his trading partner when holding 8 unusuals. As a result the reporter made the knee-jerk decision to report his partner to steam and as a result, steam had cleared the unusuals. Nobody wins, and no unusuals cannot be restored. Now the reporter was well within his rights to do what he thought was necessary but after having months and months of unwavering trust, I ask myself, wouldn't it have been prudent to just wait? Maybe a week to see what the deal is? Add a few of the appellants friends to see what hes doing? No, the reporter decides that this needs immediate action straight after his partner blocked/deleted him. The rationale here is that bomberman rarely has access to his computer and may not have been on a for a while, this is justifiable when there was so much $$ involved.

Then you look at the flipside of the coin. When you are dealing with unusuals equalling thousands of dollars, actions such as blocking/deleting your trusted partner just because you were 'angry' and out of rage is cause for trouble. This is unacceptable. There is absolutely no reason for this, unless you re-add them, unblock them immediately after doing so. To undertake this action with the amount of $$ at stake justifies the scammer tag in this regard. In simply should not have been done in the first place.

This is where I find paradox in their relationship. The victim has told me he still trades with the appellant. I would think after such an action, one would give him a great amount of separation. There are a lot of other traders in this community. Having the ability to 'not hold a grudge' is one thing but still engaging in trading activities after such an action makes me wonder, what has been learnt? As far as the victim is concerned, he still believes it to be safe to trade with the appellant. And seeing as the report is solely based from the reporter and our scammer tags are by design in place to warn of negative trading behaviour, the tag appears to the negligible.

I find it interesting that these trust based relationships only come out to the public when they go wrong. It is a partnership which usually stays in the private sphere. Now I must ask the question, is this tag justified? After weighing up the situation, the reporter was the one wronged. As a result of his actions, the unusuals cannot be restored. He still trades and interacts with bomberman. The third party unfortunately doesn't exactly share this sentiment. When this appeal was just starting, waffles and henry would only support bombermans appeal and confirm his story if he worked to pay back the unusuals to them. Well, I would like to make it easier on bomberman to trade with his partners again and to work back what was lost together, but their confirmation is not needed in regards to this appeal.

This appeal has been open for a while and there have been no further reports. Downgrading to public CAUTION as it appears most relevant, if an occurrence like this happens again, it will be a permanent SCAMMER tag, no appeal.

Lesson here, choose who you trust wisely. Especially on the Internet.

Best of luck.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.