1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected 76561198043093660 Dronefly (SR Caution)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Dronefly, Apr 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daemon

daemon Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:26049181
    dronefly quoted some 'real life examples'

i simply brought up my own. i hope you got the trayvon martin example
  2. Noobinator

Noobinator Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:12759940
    I am locking this until an admin gets to this appeal guys.

DroneFly asked I add this
    I am ultimately appealing that the "extortion comment be reviewed and discussed in open forum more closely". I am requesting that the "trading with known scammer" be removed because you can ask the person who started the report and request the mark be put on the original scammer and he will vouch that I did no trading with this person until AFTER the original poster of the "scam" report agreed to let the matter go and bid farewell to the person. I acted on my own accord and decided since the charge was "dropped" in some way, then it is alright to continue trading with this person. I also used that opportunity to show compassion and how good deeds overpower bad ones. This was the lesson I was trying to teach the scammer. How he interprets and acts on my actions did not matter but I wanted to show him that good comes to everyone and there is no need for evil intentions.
  3. Noobinator

Noobinator Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:12759940
    Ok Dronefly,
    I have reveiwed your case and have talked with Mattie. In the past we have always tagged anyone that scams a scammer or that employs vigilanteism, vengeance, or deception to target a scammer. To be honest you are very lucky you did not end up with a scammer tag here - but I trust Mattie's judgement in this case. Basically you are lucky to come out of this with a Caution tag as is. If you scam a scammer you are lowering yourself tgo their ways and stealing. Thus, I am denying this appeal, end of story, and regardless, the best of luck to you sir.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.