1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted 76561198045699135 Tiger, s8. Tiger4252 (SR Scammer + Valve Banned)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by s8. Tiger4252, Jul 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben

Ben New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:7959570
    The first most important bit of information needed is how long the trade ban is for.
  2. s8. Tiger4252

s8. Tiger4252 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:42716703
    I have sent in a ticket to valve, it has not been replied to yet. So i will be posting that up as soon as they send in a reply. And no they havent mention a duration yet.
  3. Ben

Ben New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:7959570
    Weren't you sent a notification on your steam client?
  4. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Reopened this thread so the accused can provide more evidence as requested of the Steam Support ticket, length of trade ban and probation, etc.

This is not a reputation thread, so please stop posting comments unless you are the appealer or an admin with questions/information.

Please post screenshots of your inventory history from the day of the the glitch up until your trade ban. This will help verify whether you were purposely trying to profit off of the duplicated items.
  5. s8. Tiger4252

s8. Tiger4252 New User

Steam:
  6. s8. Tiger4252

s8. Tiger4252 New User

Steam:
    I'm sorry but I have forgotton to add my steam support ticket http://imgur.com/poUQq
    My length of trade ban was for 10 weeks
    My length for probation was permanent.
    I had not intended to profit from this ordeal but I just had made a wrong decision, but thank you for helping me with my appeal
  7. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    Can you give me a screenshot of everything on July 24th back to the previous day?

Can you explain each of the trades there that weren't with your alt? The trades with Kropp and Ploot especially?
  8. s8. Tiger4252

s8. Tiger4252 New User

Steam:
    http://imgur.com/4M2sY
    http://imgur.com/ch4ie
    http://imgur.com/ba23I
    These are the rest of the screen shots from the 24th to 23rd

I can explain, the trade between Ploot and Kropp, I believe they were having a spy crab on the TF2-TRADER server and i was their middle man
    And the trade between the big kills and Kropp, were when you had sent the gift, Kropp had traded back the big kills and also had kept a few.
  9. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    Can you remind me again, why didn't you delete the items instead of storing them into your alt account?

Can you please provide profile links to all of your alternate accounts?
  10. s8. Tiger4252

s8. Tiger4252 New User

Steam:
    Too be perfectly honest, this was after school and I guess I really wasn't thinking straight, which I guess is the reason why I had duped the items.
    I just panicked in the heat of the moment and instead of thinking to delete the dirty items i just stored them on my alt account with my name written all over them.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198066268869 is my one and only alt account
  11. =TPS= Kropp

=TPS= Kropp New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:37727265
    I can vouch the trade with me you and ploot was a spycrab which you were the middleman.
  12. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
  13. s8. Tiger4252

s8. Tiger4252 New User

Steam:
    Yes, this was a legit trade between me and Chewwy, as you can see here in my trade history http://imgur.com/FCG0E.
    When I had stupidly decided to dupe, I had used one of the big kills, but when I had contacted valve about my trade banned, they had removed all big kills even the legit items.
  14. s8. Tiger4252

s8. Tiger4252 New User

Steam:
    Oh and as you can see, the big kills do not have a gift tag which meant it was non duped, sorry just adding in this 1 bit
  15. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    I suppose I should post here since the thread is reopened.

S8.Tiger contacted me in-game and asked me to remove his Admin flags, after explaining his stupidity.

I had previously hired S8.Tiger as GU Trade Admin, after having watched him for some months since GU takes care with such appointments, subsequent to this he joined TF2-TRADER (not via any involvement with me).

I had no hesitation in removing his Admin, since his actions were altogether something no Admin should engage in, and certainly Valve has punished this "dupe glitch" issue. S8.Tiger will never be Admin again, anywhere following on from this.

I have to say, after considering his "career" and given my knowledge of him (I consider him a friend, although I have not spoken to him since this issue), I fully believe that he had no financial motive and what he did came down to spur of the moment stupidity.

I am in two minds about tags on people who participated in this incident, on one hand the opportunity was provided by Valve (glitch), yet on the other hand, several of the people who were caught up in it were Admins, and I believe Admins should be held to higher standards and tags should stand.

What SR ultimately determines about tags related to this is up to SR, and I like others will stand by SR decisions without reservation. I believe it is a difficult issue for SR and certainly a case could be made for leniency in some of the cases involved, yet where do you draw the line? Some of the individuals abused this glitch in a more flagrant manner.

I think I owe it to S8.Tiger to say that I honestly believe he exploited the glitch without thinking and behaved stupidly, if I was handling things at SR, I would in all probability take a stand against lifting any such tags, but it would be a close call in my mind, since I believe there are certain cases where culpability is not so clear cut.
  16. s8. Tiger4252

s8. Tiger4252 New User

Steam:
    Thank you for your input Venganza, during the time of my ban, I believe I have matured to the point where you would never believe I would do such a thing, but again that is my opinion.
    Yes, you are very much correct, as an admin I should have never had the thought of doing this, but it was a moment of stupidity and I am very sorry about that.
    I had no intent of financial gain and I believe this was just 1 mistake in my whole time in TF2 and it's community.
    If you have any questions Ven you can always add me, as you did remove me because of the tag which was the reason we had not had any communication.
    Other than that, thank you again and Ill see what SR will choose
  17. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    Tiger-- after considerable review of your offense and appeal, I don't see evidence that you were purposely seeking a profit by exploiting the duplication glitch. The moving of items to an alt account looks shadily like you were trying to keep the items to resell, but it's reasonable to assume you did this out of knee-jerk fear, too. Ultimately, the behavior didn't progress to true profit-seeking and so likely doesn't warrant a full perma-SCAMMER tag.

All in all, I do not see you as an ongoing danger to the trade community, but it's important for your reputation and integrity that you don't make me regret saying that. With time-served both via the long trade ban and the multi-month scammer mark, I think you've paid the price of your bad judgment and understand the stance of the community (and Valve) on this issue.

As a result, I'm going to downgrade your tag to a CAUTION with option for further downgrade if you avoid drama/reports/problems for 3 months. Appeal again via these forums during that time and an appeals admin will review your standing. Regardless of outcomes, a public note will remain on your account indicating that you duped items.

Let me know via forum PM if you have any questions on this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.