1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted 76561198049737548 Double_Dimwitt : Banned

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by [double_dimwitt], Jan 12, 2014.

1. [double_dimwitt]

[double_dimwitt] Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:44735910
  2. [double_dimwitt]

Steam:
    Added him, When he's online i'll try to get any info from him. Until then from what i know his profile's private.
  3. [double_dimwitt]

Steam:
    Declining my invites. See if anyone can get in contact with him for me?
  4. [double_dimwitt]

Steam:
    2017-12-13.png 2017-12-13 (1).png
    Hard to tell but it seemed like he lost 40 items in the span of just a few days, Nothing to find here unfortunately.
  5. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Full SteamRep ID block please, and provide a screenshot of your trade history in a web browser with your mouse hovered over his name.
    Don't post any 3rd-party-hosted screenshots please, all evidence must be uploaded directly to our forums as attachments.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
  6. [double_dimwitt]

Steam:
  7. [double_dimwitt]

Steam:
  8. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    I wanted his SteamRep block, not yours.
  9. [double_dimwitt]

Steam:
  10. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    The fact of the matter is that you unambiguously and provably impersonated a TF2 Warehouse bot. For exactly how long, or how many people you attempted to trick into sending items, I cannot conclusively determine now almost 4 years later. Therefore, I can't rule out that you were, in fact, trying to scam people when using that name and avatar.

Looking through your trade history, most trades other than the one I asked about appear to have been legitimate trades with bots. Independently researching the person who sent you the botkiller items, it seems unlikely this particular trade was a scam. He does appear to have been casually trying to cash out for a period of time, which may or may not have played a role, though I cannot conclusively ascertain the terms under which you received them.

Because our impersonation policy requires proof of intent to scam, and there is a little bit of ambiguity here since we don't have any provable attempts, and it has been nearly 4 years without additional scam reports, I will downgrade your tag to a CAUTION. Normally bot impersonators are straight-up marked due to the sheer abundance and danger of them, so you're lucky you got that. Bear in mind, if you're reported scamming again - impersonation or otherwise - you will be left with much less benefit of doubt. Be very careful, open, and honest with your future trades, and keep good records of any large transactions in case they end up in dispute.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**