1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted 76561198055834777 (Link5798)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by McStappy, Apr 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McStappy

McStappy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36941685
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/76561198055834777-link5798.26407/

You posted this as invalid, but I don't get how its just him overpricing.

It's not, we have set an agreement on the trade that I have to buy something from the store, when I buy it he deletes and blocks me.

What's overpricing about that? He is clearly doing it to several people making them buy stuff and just blocking them...

So I am posting it again, you did not get the point of what I am making AT ALL

|steamID: Link5798​
    |steamID32: STEAM_0:1:47784524​

[​IMG]

At first, you'd be like, this guy is a troll and not a scammer, you tell me this guy agreeing to make a trade and telling me to buy at the store to sell him, then when I buy the game he does that s*** and deletes you.​

He seriously tries to f*** with people in outpost and he responded to my trade http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/9644950

Seeing his own trade comments, seems like it is *possible* that he f✿✿✿ed someone else over with this http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/9693344

its an unusual kind of scam, but its a scam in my eyes, because look at it this way, guy tells you to go buy something at a store and agrees on a trade, when you finally buy it he says he doesnt want it and deletes you instantly, and then goes off to the next guy.​

If this is not scammer worthy or anything then I pray to god people don't start doing this and wasting my time AND money, or more importantly, the communities'​

Put yourself in my shoes, wouldn't you be ticked and felt like you got scammed? And if you were in his shoes, wait, would you even be do that scumbag move?​

edit: he also blocked me so yeah...​
  2. McStappy

McStappy New User

Steam:
    If you really still think I am talking about overpricing, please add me and I will discuss it and explain it further... This a✿✿✿✿✿✿ really deserves a scammer tag and I can show you what he exactly did if you did not understand completely.
  3. HelenAngel

HelenAngel Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:8627755
    Yeah, this guy isn't trolling, it's actually a type of scam. The second half is that some guy will add you out of the blue and offer to buy that game off you for a crazy discount. The scam works when the person is desperate to get the unwanted game out of their inventory and will sell it for less when it's really been planned all along.

Marking him now, thanks for the report. :)
  4. McStappy

McStappy New User

Steam:
    Thank you for understanding.
  5. Link

Link Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:47784524
    Does a scammer tag last forever?
  6. [Col]Loopy

[Col]Loopy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:51675485
    no
  7. Captain Unicorn Smiles

Captain Unicorn Smiles r/dota2trade moderator Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:55854370
    I'm pretty sure unless you get it removed it does indeed last forever.
    Mattie! likes this.
  8. {ToD} Death Commando

{ToD} Death Commando New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:55979329
    Why would it not last forever, the whole point of SteamRep is to mark scammers so that they can't continue to scam. If the tags only lasted a certain amount of time the person could keep on scamming.
  9. Link

Link Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:47784524
    i want it to last forever im done with trading so yay :D now i have to ask outpost to ban me
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.