1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted 76561198057255070 mycrawler (SR SCAMMER)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Crawler, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Crawler

Crawler New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:48494671
    | steamname: Crawler
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:48494671
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198057255070
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/mycrawler
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198057255070

My account was hijacked, cleaned out of 165 keys, an unusual Villain's Veil, a bud, many other items, and subsequently apparently used to disseminate phishing links, hence the listed reason for ban.

I was first alerted to the issue by a "you have successfully changed your email address" notification. I then tried and failed to log into my account. I then immediately submitted a ticked to Steam alerting them of the situation (see attachment). However, it was not until earlier today that I received a reply from Steam. The account hijacking has been confirmed by Steam (see attachment).

I am not and have never been a phishing scammer. I have a long history of +rep comments on my account from happy traders. I am deeply sorry for this situation and greatly and humbly apologize. I have posted an apology on my account and explained the situation there.

Please let me know if further information is needed.

Attached Files:

2. Crawler

Crawler New User

Steam:
    An update reaffirming my account was hijacked and showing all hijacked transactions reversed.

Attached Files:

3. Waffler

Waffler New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:74242526
    Me to i am hacked for no reason and i never changed anything
  4. Crawler

Crawler New User

Steam:
    Hey!

I believe I misread the original instructions for appeals (I think the information on the main "appeals" page is slightly different from the "hijack" appeals section). Attached are screenshots of all hijacked transactions and the full Steam ticket (split into two images) with potentially sensitive information redacted. The transactions show my keys and items being taken. It also shows an innocent person being further scammed out of their unusual. All items, including the unusual, have since been returned by Steam admins.

There appears to be a 6-month backlog of appeals in this section. Is there any way to expedite appeals so that they take significantly less time? Just checking.

Thank you and have a great day!

Attached Files:

5. Knucklejoe

Knucklejoe New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46918739
    Make your own appeal, then. Make sure you show the same kind of information that Crawler has shown, this looks mostly right.

Unfortunately, no. You just have to wait until an appeals admin takes a look at your appeal. From what I can see, everything that is needed is here. Now you just need to wait for an admin.
  6. Knucklejoe

Knucklejoe New User

Steam:
    Update for Waffler... edit time limit ran out.

This account isn't marked, so I'm guessing you are using an alt. You should make a Steam Support ticket if you haven't already. Start here: https://support.steampowered.com/
  7. Crawler

Crawler New User

Steam:
    Shouldn't innocent people be exonerated in a more timely fashion (not just me)? Is it better for me to just ditch this account and start over with a new one than be falsely labeled a scammer and barred from associate sites for six or more months? That doesn't seem to be a very noble goal of an organization like this.
  8. Knucklejoe

Knucklejoe New User

Steam:
    I wouldn't suggest making any alts, that could be seen as dodging the ban. You just need to be patient like everyone else.

I admit that the system isn't perfect, but it's what we have to deal with.
  9. Bluedemon

Bluedemon Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:31851817