1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected 76561198062522462 Lance(asleep) (SR Scammer)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by -pg- Lance, Jan 5, 2013.

1. -pg- Lance

-pg- Lance New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:51128367
    Is this sarcasm?
  2. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

yes. If I want, i can be online at same time with 50 accounts at the same time, even on the same computer, doesn't say s✿✿✿.
  3. wic

wic New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:1874586
    Really, re-read what I posted. No-one will be like "ok, 2 acounts are online at this time, nothing bad here".
    Think about it, 2 ppl online on Steam at the same time = 2 ppl gaming at the same time... For awhile right?
    But don't worry, if you are legit, nothing to worry about. Enough ways to prove you arent some piece of s✿✿✿ then :)
  4. -pg- Lance

-pg- Lance New User

Steam:
    Alright I am just really stressed out about this right now.
  5. -pg- Lance

-pg- Lance New User

Steam:
    I tried to get my brother to help me but your admins wont add him and talk to him when he added them.

this is making me very sad because i am a victim of my brothers scamming bs just because we live in the same house.

and You say I should hit him on the head and make him give the stuff back but you dont even know my life here.

If I am to be marked cause of wat my brother did i will be very disappointed because I like trading i trade everyday with people. Now i cant even do that.
  6. atom-

atom- Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:19172005
    I do not understand why my fellow admins are entertaining this.

When we grant appeals (which I originally did), there is ALWAYS a proviso (spoken or unspoken, doesn't matter) there will be absolutely no reports or shady behaviour linked to the account. If anything of a scammer/shady nature crops up again via alternate accounts or your original account, or linked to you via IP, no further investigation is needed, you have violated the terms of your downgrade and its a permanent scammer tag. This is definitely how I would approach this one.

The onus is on you to ensure you do not put yourself in such a position. If you knew your 'brother' may be involved in such activity, it is your responsibility to regulate his behaviour, not ours. He lives in the same household as you yes? It was 100% avoidable that you did not become a victim of your 'brother's' scamming. We are not your babysitters, you have the power to talk to him before something like this happens, not us.

You knew very well you had been flagged for shady behaviour and we do not grant appeals lightly. You were already on very thin ice. On occasion we will follow up a 'brother' claim, but in this case, I believe this defence is completely void. Brother or not, any further reports of shady/scammer behaviour is a default permanent scammer tag. That is simply the nature of 'trust' on the Internet and absolutely necessary to ensure the continued protection of the community.

Regardless, this case is not in my hands, I defer to the decisions of my fellow admins.
  7. HelenAngel

HelenAngel Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:8627755
    I would like to note that as of this posting, all of the accounts claimed to be the brother's have been trade banned by Valve. Lance's account has not been trade banned. Just adding this additional piece of information.
  8. -pg- Lance

-pg- Lance New User

Steam:
    Yeah because i aint stupid enough to scam and i havent and kept my nose clean
  9. -pg- Lance

-pg- Lance New User

Steam:
    To be honest i dont know what else to say I hope i can get unmarked and all i can say has been said thank you for your time.
  10. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

I've deleted the worthless "vouches".

This is not a vouch thread, only reply if you have RELEVANT information about the appeal / offenses.
  11. -pg- Lance

-pg- Lance New User

Steam:
    Yeah i didnt really ask him to vouch for me but the only other information i can give is that Valve didnt trade ban me because i didnt scam anyone and such.
  12. -pg- Lance

-pg- Lance New User

Steam:
    I would like a reply on this thank you.
  13. -pg- Lance

-pg- Lance New User

Steam:
    Any word on this at all?
  14. -pg- Lance

-pg- Lance New User

Steam:
    Can i please get a word on this?
  15. -pg- Lance

-pg- Lance New User

Steam:
    Also if i was a scammer, why wouldnt Valve have trade banned me too? Hmm??

I mean obviously if Valve can trade ban scammers why not me?

Because there hasnt been a scam report OTHER than my joke scam attempt which i already appealed once and was warned. The only thing here is I am a victim of Grouping with my brothers.

I honestly thing i should be untagged OR at the very least put on to Caution.

I am sick of the harrassment i get for being marked by manchildren on Tf2.
  16. -pg- Lance

-pg- Lance New User

Steam:
    You know, i would love an answer on this.

I have been waiting for months on this appeal.
  17. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

Bluedemon should work this one out, he accepted the appeal.
  18. -pg- Lance

-pg- Lance New User

Steam:
    Oh so when he gets to it i will be unmarked or move to caution? :O
  19. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

with every reply, its getting set back. for the sort option is to oldest not-replied onto.
  20. -pg- Lance

-pg- Lance New User

Steam:
    You know i have been waiting for months on this and i think i would like a result or even some progress on this.