1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted 76561198075356097 Lyra NiiTE (SR Scammer)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by LyraNiiTE, Jun 27, 2013.

1. LyraNiiTE

LyraNiiTE New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:57545184
    | steamname: Lyra NiiTE
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:57545184
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198075356097
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198075356097

This is a long story of something that happened a long time ago and I do not remember all the details but I can tell you what I can.

I had lost a lot of money, about 2/3rds of my account’s worth at the time, by one simple trading mistake. And all it would have taken is for him to trade it back. Instead... well, here’s all that I remember.

I met wolf in a random server and he had gotten a salvaged crate drop. Instantly someone tried to trade him and scam him using a lot of shiny items like stranges and a festive or two, even giving him premium so he could make the trade (this was back when the new salvaged crates were worth more than a bud at times). I tried telling him in the chat that this was you know over 30$ that the crate was worth and I made him ask more from the guy who wanted to buy it so he got more value for his find.

After this I friended him and we talked and traded some. I was trying to get the items for him that he really wanted; one of which was a Strange huntsman. I got him the Strange Huntsman and he liked it for quite a while- but then decided that he wanted something else, so I asked if he wanted me to buy it back and he said sure.

I proceeded to add a lot of keys and items to equal the worth of the Strange huntsman and some other items he had wanted to trade. Me not thinking, and in a bit of a rush, did not double check his trade of items and mistook the regular almost worthless huntsmen for a strange one. I proceeded with the trade and noticed shortly after. I assumed since at that time I trusted wolf that steam had glitched somehow. The hunts was still in his inventory so I asked him back for it and he said sure. For some reason or as he said the huntsmen could not be traded to me although I could trade items to him just fine. I proceeded to try to figure out what the problem was and was going to contact steam support. Wolf quickly said that he was a games tester and his friend actually worked with Valve, a far fetched story but I try to trust my friends. He claimed his roomate the valve worker said this was a common glitch and that the strange huntsmen would appear in my inventory in a few days. I waited a few days and nothing happened. I asked that he would give me some of my items and something else of worth at least since the huntsmen was (lost in the system). He declined got upset and removed me. I let it go as a huge loss in value. I wanted one of my items back but wolf had traded it to a friend of his. We discussed this and his friend was startled that his friend Wolf would try to scam me and tried to talk to wolf and help me get some value back. His friend made a suggestion that I try to pretend to be a steam rep admin to recover at least the accessories I copy what he says I should say and post it to wolf and he trades me and I do nothing. I instantly regret my poor choice knowing this could cancel all my work and hours I have spent trading so far and cancel and let it go as a loss again. In conclusion I made a horrible choice. Even if it was for a reason I said the words I should not have said. I have spent hundreds and hundreds of hours in this game trying to be an honest trader and work my way up and I would love not to have that privlage taken away from me.

Evidence:

Screencap 1# Showing the trade that Wolf did with me at taken soon after it was made: http://puu.sh/2rCnU\
    Screencap 2# Showing date in steamchat because the rest are not uncropped: http://puu.sh/2rDda
    Screencap 3# Claiming he has nothing of value as if he did he would pay me back (lying) and lying about middlemanning a spycrab. Only the accessories in his bp and nothing else of value rending this a solid lie.: http://puu.sh/2rE7S
    Screencap 4# He had it in his bp for a long while so I assumed once more he was lying: http://puu.sh/2rEgV
    Screencap 5# Saying he will give me his other items? Admitting to conning me? http://puu.sh/2rEhV
    Screencap 6# Back pedaling: http://puu.sh/2rEkX
    Screencap 7# More backpedaling: http://puu.sh/2rEBP
    Screencap 8# After my mistake of pasting the suggestion his friend said to say who I had been talking to who was trying to get me some of my money back he apparently agrees, he adds the accessories but I never click ready in the trade to accept them: http://puu.sh/2rEW7
    Screencap 9# Showing trade history again and showing no trade trying to scam him ever happened : http://puu.sh/3pALP/c005eaf987.jpg

-Lyra
  2. LyraNiiTE

LyraNiiTE New User

Steam:
    I would also like to note that I would have appealed earlier but the effects of the ban I was not aware of just showed up recently.

Also here is a link to my profile on which you can view my profile rep: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198075356097

Thanks for your time and consideration.
  3. Evanescence

Evanescence New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:19459148
    Despite how hard you try to "bash" at him and trying to make him lose his credibility... YOU impersonated in order to scam, peer pressure or not.

Your conversation with him also was around April 1th and your show only the screenshots of your PARTIAL trade inventory of March 24/25, and tons of trade happened after this date as you are in the inventory history page 22.
    I have 214 trades done and i'm only at page 8... So you surely traded WAY MORE after this event.

What was YOUR goal to impersonate, because this time it's not at all a simple impersonating for "joking", you did it to obtains items or favors in return as the screenshots of the report are showing.

Why you impersonated?
  4. LyraNiiTE

LyraNiiTE New User

Steam:
    As I noted the effects of the ban did not show up until recently and I knew nothing of it. I was just showing the trades that concerned this appeal if there is something else you want to see just ask. My goal was to regain a portion of what I lost. I took a friends advice without much knowledge about steam rep or anything because I was new to trading and higher tier items at the time, and copied what he said I should say. I would have never done this and never have tried scam someone before or after this incident. Although it was still a stupid thing to agree with the friend for a moment to try to get some of what was juked from me back.... after I thought about it for a moment, trying to say I was any type of admin I wasn't - even though I was not sure what steam rep was - sounded like a stupid idea so I dropped it and just left wolf to his own business and accepted the loss of items.

Any other questions? I can most likely answer whatever you wish to know.
  5. Trixie Lulamoon

Trixie Lulamoon New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:43016406
    Evanescence, that was a rather poorly put together bash on Lyra's appeal.

He explained what he intended to do by impersonating a steamrep admin, and explained the circumstances behind that extensively.

Furthermore, he stated clearly that the tradeban only recently went into effect, and this all happened back when he was /very/ new to trading. So of course there are many pages of trading history between now and then.

If you truly doubt him, Trixie is sure he would be happy to post any or all pages of his inventory history you might be interested in. He has nothing to hide.
  6. Evanescence

Evanescence New User

Steam:

Nothing show the number of trades he did before this scam either. Would be really interested to see the number of page BEFORE this scam.

Being able to determine if impersonating in order to scam isn't related at ALL on trading experience, but about common sense.
    So no matter what's hapenned, he still impersonated. In my opinion, no matter since when he is involved in trade, he still done many thing that by simple common sense he knew it was bad.

And what's the screenshot of the initial report show, he was surely aware of Steamrep, and you know at first glance that is a website that tag scammer.

Telling "i didn't knew what i did." is just ridiculous as the "That's my cat/bro/sister excuse.".

And by all his explanations of what's hapenned in the OP, he surely knew WAY MORE than a simple new user to the trading.

He did a impersonation in order to scam, and the OP of this thread prove a LOT he wasn't really new to the trading.
    ALSO ALL THE +REP ON HIS PROFILE ARE SHOWING HE DID much trade before this scam and he was surely more aware of the trading market than a simple new user.
  7. LyraNiiTE

LyraNiiTE New User

Steam:
    I unfortunately do not have the time at the moment to respond to all this. And as this is a response to another post it is not 100% my place.
    Here is a screenshot of some trades I did with Wolf on the page before the one screenshotted: http://puu.sh/3wn4k/5a1160c159.jpg
    Also can we keep the capital lettering to a minimum?
  8. Evanescence

Evanescence New User

Steam:

You did no more trade before those ones you just screenshotted?
  9. LyraNiiTE

LyraNiiTE New User

Steam:
    With Wolf? With anybody? Yes probably. Are you asking to see every single trade? Why does this contribute to the appeal?
  10. Evanescence

Evanescence New User

Steam:

I was talking with anybody
  11. Trixie Lulamoon

Trixie Lulamoon New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:43016406
    Not only does it not matter how many pages he did of trading before this- and stop calling it a scam, when he did not scam anybody of their items, even the reason for his tagged status is listed as "with /intent/ to scam", which is what he is trying to appeal- but he also can easily show all of his trading history, just for your little heart's desire.

The referral to his trading experience was not to refute his ability to scam, but simply to provide backing towards his state-of-mind at the time. He was new, and so had little. When that little was taken from him, and a friend recommended him to take a drastic course of action- that while he followed, he instantly regretted it and retracted his statement- he made a mistake. Please stop trying to make it sound differently than it is...

He didn't ever say "Herr derr, I didn't know what I was doing."
    In fact, he stated clearly that he /knew/ what he was doing... and therefore immediately regretted it, even though he was only doing it to get back what was taken from him. Again, stop trying to re-phrase things to make them sound different than they are.

As you've stated yourself, it hardly matters how much knowledge he had of the trading community. That was stated simply to express the extreme of the loss. Nothing more.

He did an impersonation in order to get his items back, immediately regretted it and dropped it without pursuing, and he was only new to trading in the sense of account value; i.e. his stock of goods.

And not that is matters to you, but he traded plenty to get what he had. That's what all that +Rep on his profile was- successful trades that brought him to where he was at the time Wolf took all he had worked for.

Stepping aside from the factual and putting in a personal note here- Are you purposely trying to pick out things and change them into a bad perspective? You're reviewing an appeal, as you rightly should- that's what you're meant to do, review- but could you keep the observations to the factual, and less assumed or downright re-worded to fit a stance?

...keeping down on the CAPS LOCK would be nice, as well.
  12. Evanescence

Evanescence New User

Steam:

SteamREP Policies.

What do the various tags mean?
    SCAMMER - You were found to be guilty of one or many of the following: Impersonating with intent to scam or abuse reputation

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

He impersonated, he had intend to scam, the proof are there.
    What else do you need?

The fact that he did multiple trade BEFORE the scam (For some reason he seems scared to show that he's that new to trading huh he isn't new to trading, i have proof of this and Helen can ask me those proofs ANYTIME via Steam) clearly show he knew what he was doing.

He regretted it and dropped it without pursuing, because he GOT TOLD he was getting reported. Typical reaction of a scammer, same reaction that someone who is scamming someone object and giving it back right away as soon he know he's getting reported.

Why he should get a second chance? Why he should get one and not the others? If he get a second chance, despite ALL THE PROOFS against him, EVERY scammer will ask for a second chance.

No way to prove if he is serious about "not doing it again".

He violated SteamREP policies, he just need to pay.
    Nobody's like scammers.
  13. Spirit | Scout LFT HL

Spirit | Scout LFT HL New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:40396079

So the Reporter gets away with scamming and only provides this one piece in the case http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/76561198075356097-fake-admin.26306/
    and the Person who lost alot when starting out gets marked cause of trying to get stuff back. When starting out on trading even I didn't know of Steam Rep, Outpost, or any community trading thing, meaning he probably was trading scrap metal, weapons, and hats around starting out on servers and got ripped off through that. It would be easy to build up pages if he was just trading minor stuff around and people thought he was nice enough to +Rep.

He probably didn't even know about Steam Rep til the guy told him to pretend, along with the fact it would be easy to not know starting out on trading since Steam Rep is not associated with Valve, Source, or TF2 in general. Steam Rep is a Site made by other members of the community, not valve, that just inform people to be wary so any player starting out would not know of Steam Rep and resort to using any tactics to get there lost stuff back which is a big possibility.
  14. Evanescence

Evanescence New User

Steam:
    He should seriously defend himself instead of asking all his friends to post message here.

Your friend impersonated in order to scam, i don't see what's need to be added to that? Proof are obvious, and it's not need any knowledge of steamrep and just need common sense.
  15. LyraNiiTE

LyraNiiTE New User

Steam:
    Common sense varies between different people and experience. I was very upset at the time and did not think that doing what the friend said would cause much harm until I later thought about it. I already admitted to this mistake. I said the words that classify me as what I am labeled at the moment and this is my appeal.

Could you please stop rubbing stuff into this Appeal, this is up to an Admin to decide and you are currently not an admin. Bashing on an appeal is against the rules.
  16. Evanescence

Evanescence New User

Steam:

The proof are here, you scammed, now the other question, if you scammed and proof are here, WHY you should get a second chance if other scammer don't get one?

Do you think it will bring other scammers asking for a second chance because you get one?

I'm not bashing at you, i simply try to understand why you should get a chance but not the others when all the proof are here?

If you didn't know Stealing is bad, why they should give you a second chance?

I just play in a clean community, not a community full of scammers getting a second chance! Hope you understand.
  17. LyraNiiTE

LyraNiiTE New User

Steam:
    I was not trying to steal as I said in my appeal, I was trying to regain some of what I lost. And I never did steal anything from this person and let it go as a loss. And because I truly think I deserve one. Or else I as a person of whom personality you do not know would not have made this appeal because steam rep admins do not fall for that petty s✿✿✿ asking for second chances from blatant scammers who have succeeded and are only stopping or attempting to because they got caught. Steam admins from what I have gathered so far are mature and know what is best for a person.

I will not be responding to your posts anymore on my appeal. I would rather leave it up to a proven admin to decide what is best for me.
  18. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Due to the time this appeal has been pending w/o admin(s) addressing and other mitigating circumstances, tag will be downgraded to a caution.
    You have been given a exceedingly rare second chance since you did commit the offense, make sure you do not try anything like that again.
    Please note, further transgressions or if we find you lied to us, may result in you being retagged w/o the possibility of a new appeal.

Appeal granted.

I'm going to be clear here, their is enough evidence to deny the appeal, their always was, I do believe your version of events and therefor true mitigating circumstances. Going forward, you will not receive any benefit of a doubt again.