1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected 76561198090245966 Tenumbra SR Scammer

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Tenumbra, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Tenumbra

Tenumbra Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:64990119
    | steamname: Tenumbra
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:64990119
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198090245966
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Tenumbra
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198090245966

Guys, I don't know what's going on.
    I bought gifted buds off of some guy and then I was banned off of outpost for being an alt account?
    I can assure you that this is not an alt account, and I don't know why I am banned, there is no evidence against. Please, someone help me, I need to get rid of this.
  2. Tenumbra

Steam:
    So I calmed down and got a bunch of trade requests for what I was selling, so I'll just post as much info as possible that'll help clear my name.
    I first started hardcore-trading during the steam summer sale, where I traded my buds for a valve complete pack. After realizing what I had just done, I decided that I'll trade for a while longer and try to get back what I lost. Eventually, I stumbled upon backpack.tf where I started trading things in for cards, thus increasing my steam level to 15. After the card trading, I started buying a few games here and there for keys, and also bought the humble bundle. I eventually had enough keys to sell through paypal, then bought a couple of items through paypal then sold them on the market, then buying some more keys. Eventually, I had quite a few keys racked up. I decided to get my buds back, so I put up an offer on tf2outpost.com where I was buying buds for 20 keys. You should understand by now that I am fairly new to steam, but I am well acquainted with economics, business, and management. What I didn't know was that gifted buds are worth wayyyy less than normal buds. I was also having problems with steam trade, this started happening around Wednesday. This picture shows the error, and the guy I bought buds from. He kept sending rapid messages that I should buy it and it seemed as though I should do this quickly, as everyone else was selling buds for 22 keys. So, I bought the buds, only to realize my mistake the moment I pressed "make trade." From there, I added a few people and posted on a few threads that I'm selling it for 16-19 keys (starting from 19 then dropping the price to 16 since no one seems to want it). About 15 minutes passed when I had decided to bump my posts, and then it told me that I was banned. I promptly checked this site, and realized that this is actually a pretty big deal. So, I filed for an appeal because I honestly thought that I was completely banned from everything. It turns out I am banned from trading sites, and some servers. Nevertheless, I would still like to clear my name, and I still don't understand why I was kept as an Alt Scammer Account. I have over 35 games, over 3 pages of +rep in the few weeks that I traded, I didn't scam anyone, I was kind to everyone I met, and I tried to offer what I can.

Thank you for reading this. If more information is needed, feel free to add me as a faster way to chat with me.
  3. Tenumbra

Steam:
    Contacted an Admin for more information as to why I was considered a scammer. I traded with a few scammers during the trades mentioned above, and there was one in particular (Nomine), who had a reasonable amount of similar friends with me, and as such I believe I was suspected for being him. In truth, he is a schoolmate and the ones I have added are teachers/schoolmates that also have him added. I have deleted all my scammer friends and will from now on refuse to trade with anyone that is regarded dangerous according to steamrep standards.
    I have also managed to sell the gifted buds for 16 keys (at a loss of 4 keys), but am getting constant friend requests from people that are not aware that I have already sold them. Furthermore, I have put up a notice on my profile regarding my current ordeal, and I truly wish this would be resolved quickly as I have some credits on websites that I am now banned out of, and am getting friend requests over trades that are completed but I am unable to update. I'll be leaving this thread to the mods/admins until a time comes where I may need to update this.

Thank you for reading this, and feel free to add me so as to get in contact with me.
  4. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Please explain who this is and how you know him, be specific.
    http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198068391748

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  5. Tenumbra

Steam:
    Yeah, sure.
    I'm on my phone now, but I'll be returning home soon and I'll provide more info.

He (Name on paypal is male?) was a person that approached me on steamtrades.com after I opened a thread claiming that I'm buying games for wallet and items. I had trades on tf2outpost.com which is where I think he found out I have paypal money. Anyway, he claimed that he is "cashing out" and was willing to sell me his items. They were mediocre but all he wanted was 12 dollars, so I jumped at the chance. I asked for his rep but he claimed he doesn't support it and so doesn't have any. I told him that he will have to go first. He agreed, and we continued with the trade. He instantly deleted me without giving me rep but I didn't mind. I proceeded to selling his items, and gained some profit. He then approached me again claiming that I owe him more money. I refused but then he topd me he'll sell me his two unusuals for a bud. I agreed, but once done he said he wants paypal instead, so I gave him back the unusuals and he gave me my buds. Guess what, just like the last guy, he gave me gifted buds instead of pure, I was ecstatic! (Sarcasm...) I didn't know at the time, so I just paid him the 47 dollars because he told me he would report me if I didn't. Then we parted ways and I found out they were giften two days later.

Proof I have is paypal and steam trade history. I'm not aware if I can still get the chat, but I'll bring that as well if I can. On my phone, so can't provide details and there might be some spelling mistakes, sorry! If you need more info, I'll get them for you.

Oh, how should I post paypal and trade history? Can I message you, as I don't want it to be public.
  6. You Are The One

Steam:
  7. Tenumbra

Steam:
    Currently at work, hope this works for now. Showing to Admins and Mods, not sure what you are so if it doesn't work I'll post it again.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  8. Tenumbra

Steam:
    Back, did the ShowToGroups thing work?

Here's the final picture, is there anything else you need? I couldn't find a way to access the chat log, so if there is I'd love to know how.

Hidden Content:
  9. Tenumbra

Steam:
    Is there anything else that's needed?

I know that posting a reply bumps up my thread, making it take a longer while, but I missed two sales to trade in so I'd like to provide adequate information for when this gets reviewed.

If I might request the following:
    1. Is it possible to be tagged as SR Caution instead of Banned by SR, if so, how can I do that?
    2. Can I get in direct contact with an SR Admin through Steam/Skype/Razer Comms so I can help you help me?
    I understand that you guys are busy with a ton of work, so take your time.
    I've read some other threads, and there was one person that got downgraded to SR Caution, and given five months where if one scam report was written on him, he'd get tagged again. Is it possible for me to get the same, except for a half a year, or even a year?
    Thank you for your time, I hope we get this worked out soon.
  10. Tenumbra

Steam:
    Hi, it's been five years, installed an extension and told me this is still here - if it can't be remove it's okay but just wondering :)
  11. You Are The One

Steam:
    After a review, its conclusive you are indeed an alternate account of the other user.
    Denied for lying.

Ref http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/38898

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**