1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

A common scamming/phishing technique

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by tasteoflife1, Jul 14, 2014.

1. tasteoflife1

tasteoflife1 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:92265899
    So my account was just hacked today, and not even an hour/ 30 minutes has passed since a report has been filed on the account for someone writing the way i got scammed.

http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/...-counter-strike-global-offensive-items.70774/

from what i can tell he hacks accounts sends a faulty steam community profile link and its the same thing every time can you add my friend? his steam lagged but he wants to trade. Me being the noob that I am was experimenting with CSGO lounge website and placed a trade and got a trade friend request and this is what i got. i clicked on the link being none the wiser and the account was hacked. nothing has been taken off the account yet but from what i can tell the person/people doing this are using a russian email address
  2. Hitman Sparky

Hitman Sparky User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13772726
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
    Mattie! likes this.
  3. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49222635
    Please tell me you changed all your passwords, scanned your computer, unchecked the Computer box for steamguard, etc.
    If not, do it fast!
  4. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    This is very common, we cannot assist you in the recovery of your account or items and do not take phishing/hijacking reports. You need to contact steam support asap to assist you. As also mentioned, do a complete sweep of your PC for any malware/viruses, if in doubt, wipe and do a clean install of your OS.
    Mattie! likes this.