1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Invalid Appeal: 76561197993177135 - (Mechtroid / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Mechtroid, Jun 21, 2022.

1. Mechtroid

Mechtroid Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:16455703
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561197993177135 (Mechtroid)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Accounts] Hijacked - My account was abused by hijacker
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    I created an alt account, virtualb0y, to use while I was getting my account back after it had been hacked.​

Appeal description:
    Way back on valentine's day 2014, I had my account hijacked for a few days. In the time it took for valve to get back to me, the stolen account was used in multiple fraudulent man-in-the middle (middleman?) attacks.

While I was unable to know exactly the extent of the damage caused while my account was under the control of a hacker, I reached out to any new entries on my friends list after I got my account back and attempted to apologize and repair things best I could. I also talked to valve and ensured every trade my account made in the time was undone (though this was also for selfish reasons, I had lost quite a few game gifts to the hijackers)

The reason I'm coming to you now, almost a decade after the event, is that I've gotten back into playing TF2 (and TF2 classic), and it's a pain to tell my friends I can't join them on their regular community servers because I have an outstanding trade ban from 2014.​

Attached Files:

2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663